TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla shareholders will have access to Spacex IPO.

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Dwdnjck, May 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

Holy .......! Teslaraty just posted an article claiming Tesla shareholder with more than $10000 in stock will have access to Spacex IPO shares. Soon! Can some one post the link for others please?

2. cdub

cdub Future Model 3 owner / Current original Leaf owner

I wouldn't want to invest in SpaceX... Just one failure would not do wonders for your stress levels.

Besides.... Elon has said before he's not going to go public until Mars is well underway.

• Like x 2
  3. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Show me what you got!

I too call BS on the SpaceX IPO rumour.

Read Elons biography by Ashlee Vance, appendix 3: a multiple page e-mail by Elon to [email protected] explaining why SpaceX cannot go public as it interferes with its mission statement: colonization of Mars.

The article on teslarati is just wishful thinking.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  4. austinEV

austinEV Supporting Member

Gwen Shotwell has denied this. So /thread.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Yep, already denied.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  6. MrRandyB

MrRandyB Member

• Like x 1
  7. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Part of me hopes this SpaceX IPO nonsense is from Elon as sort of an anti-FUD joke. This does bring up an interesting question though.

If the shorts are going to create entire fake news sites as part of their FUD campaigns, should we not have our own "Long-FUD" strategy for earnings seasons? Perhaps drowning the market in FUD from all directions will make reality more clear?

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. 9837264723849

9837264723849 Member

I'm no short (increased my position today @317.00; $TSLA now 86.14% of my financial assets) but please stop assigning every stupid rumors to shorts. This really does a disservice to everyone and contribute to the "fake" stuff being spread around.

Unless you can prove that this news came from shorts. Feel free to do so.

9. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Actually, wouldn't this rumor have been started by someone who is long on TSLA, rather than a short?

• Like x 1
  10. dkemme

dkemme Member

Eeeek, I love Tesla but would not put that large of an investment in anything, please diversify.

• Like x 3
  11. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Dude! Even Elon isn't that concentrated in Tesla shares!

• Like x 3
  12. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

No, I don't think so. People who've been following SpaceX and Tesla understand why SpaceX won't IPO. Thinking that it will might destroy confidence. Anyway, that note was just not credible, it read more like spam than any real revelation.

• Like x 1
  13. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

A few years ago I heard the SpaceX president give a talk and asked her a question during Q&A about IPO plans. She said that she (and others) wanted to IPO to give liquidation options to employees, but that Elon preferred not to... but Elon was open to IPO'ing when SpaceX was launching rockets on schedule without delays, and launching in significant numbers (I forget exactly the number she gave but I think it was like at least a few a month). I know Elon has mentioned multiple times that he doesn't want SpaceX to IPO. But I just give this anecdote because I wouldn't place the possibility of SpaceX IPO'ing in the next few years at zero.

• Informative x 3
  14. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

SpaceX does have "Liquidity events" every six months, where an independent auditor values the company and employees can sell vested stock back at a fixed price.

• Informative x 3
  15. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

This particular news was obviously not from short hedges, but certainly 95% of the fake news FUD is from shorts. Why would anyone go so far out of their way to spread it if they weren't in it for the stock drop.

Anywho........diversify! (or may for today.......buy?)

16. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Not worth posting the link because it is an unfounded rumor that SpaceX has already flatly denied.

Some hedge fund person just spouting imaginary nonsense to get attention. Ignore him.

• Like x 1
  17. DaveT

Thanks @ggr. Actually she did mention that as well in her answer to my question. For some reason though at that time she (and others) viewed IPO'ing as preferable. She said Elon's main concern was that delayed launches could affect stock price significantly so he wanted that stable. Of course this was a few years ago and a lot could have and probably has changed.

• Like x 2
  18. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Do we ever have leaks as to the valuation? All the valuations I've heard are based on the big Fidelity trades from years ago.

19. DaveT

There are recent valuations from the past year or so. I can't remember where I saw it. But if you research it, you can find it. It might have been from the article of leaked financial projections of SpaceX over next decade.

20. kenliles

kenliles Active Member

WSJ puts it at $12B - but leaked info via Fidelity investments etc. - It's likely more like $15-$16B;
    Factoring in the very recent successes- It's got to be pushing $20B as a reasonable projected

According to The Wall Street Journal, SpaceX is valued at $12 billion. That makes it the 10th highest-valued startup in the world,
    [​IMG]
    Will SpaceX Stock Hit the Market in 2017?

$16B via Fidelity investment - 2015-2016
    "
    SpaceX is majority-owned by Musk himself, and valued by at least one of its private-equity investors, Fidelity, at slightly more than $16 billion. Fidelity led a round with Alphabet in January 2015 to invest $1 billion in the company, in connection with the satellite internet plans. Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund and DFJ Venture Capital also hold stakes in the firm.
    "
    SpaceX’s leaked finances show Elon Musk is betting big on satellite internet

"
    SpaceX shares recently sold at a price 24% higher than the last fundraising round, a securities filing by Fidelity Investments indicates, a price that would value the firm at close to $15 billion. It suggests that SpaceX shares have continued to rise in the secondary market and likely explains why Fidelity marked up its stake in the company to that level in February.
    "
    SpaceX’s Share Price Climbs Further

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1