Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shareholders will have access to Spacex IPO.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to The Wall Street Journal, SpaceX is valued at $12 billion. That makes it the 10th highest-valued startup in the world
Describing SpaceX as a "startup" is debatable. The company clearly has a profitable business right now if they wanted to stop R&D and focus on launching satellites and Dragons to the ISS and making money, as they can undercut all other launch providers.

Of course SpaceX will continue to put enormous sums of money into R&D towards their long term goal.

Gwen Shotwell has denied this. So /thread.

Luke Skywalker told Darth Vader "No...That's not true...That's impossible!" and tried to end the thread as well. ;)

Of course it would be foolhardy to make any kind of investment decisions based on a rumor. I'm more interested in knowing if there is precedence and mechanics around the "rumor" that has been exercised in the past.

Has a case where company B goes IPO but offers shareholders in company A first crack or preferred shares or something?
And the amount of shares you can purchase in company B is related to the shares in company A?

If so, is this determined by some kind of record date/ex dividend date?

Luke Skywalker told Darth Vader "No...That's not true...That's impossible!" and tried to end the thread as well. ;)

Of course it would be foolhardy to make any kind of investment decisions based on a rumor. I'm more interested in knowing if there is precedence and mechanics around the "rumor" that has been exercised in the past.

Has a case where company B goes IPO but offers shareholders in company A first crack or preferred shares or something?
And the amount of shares you can purchase in company B is related to the shares in company A?

If so, is this determined by some kind of record date/ex dividend date?
When a company IPOs (any noun can be verbed :) ) there is some relatively small provision for "friends and family" shares to be reserved. But letting every shareholder of a nominally independent company in on it would be unprecedented. So I don't believe this either. And the original press release came from some entirely other company proposing what sounds to me like some sort of scam.

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
When a company IPOs (any noun can be verbed :) ) there is some relatively small provision for "friends and family" shares to be reserved. But letting every shareholder of a nominally independent company in on it would be unprecedented. So I don't believe this either. And the original press release came from some entirely other company proposing what sounds to me like some sort of scam.

Makes sense. I appreciate the reply. The mechanics seem quite far fetched.

Still only $10k needed? lol

Even I would have managed to squeak into that. Me and my baby hoard.

I don't think it's a legit requirement, but it'd be nice to see if they did something similar. Like, maybe if you're long on the stock (ie; greater than a year held), or if there is a certain cash valuation. Or even if you're a Tesla owner, like they did with TSLA.