Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shareholders will have access to Spacex IPO.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dwdnjck

Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2013
Holy .......! Teslaraty just posted an article claiming Tesla shareholder with more than $10000 in stock will have access to Spacex IPO shares. Soon! Can some one post the link for others please?

Yep, already denied.

shut-down-government-shutdown-obama-democrats-republicans-politics-1380619938.jpg

Reactions: supratachophobia
Part of me hopes this SpaceX IPO nonsense is from Elon as sort of an anti-FUD joke. This does bring up an interesting question though.

If the shorts are going to create entire fake news sites as part of their FUD campaigns, should we not have our own "Long-FUD" strategy for earnings seasons? Perhaps drowning the market in FUD from all directions will make reality more clear?

Part of me hopes this SpaceX IPO nonsense is from Elon as sort of an anti-FUD joke. This does bring up an interesting question though.

If the shorts are going to create entire fake news sites as part of their FUD campaigns, should we not have our own "Long-FUD" strategy for earnings seasons? Perhaps drowning the market in FUD from all directions will make reality more clear?

I'm no short (increased my position today @317.00; $TSLA now 86.14% of my financial assets) but please stop assigning every stupid rumors to shorts. This really does a disservice to everyone and contribute to the "fake" stuff being spread around.

Unless you can prove that this news came from shorts. Feel free to do so.

I'm no short (increased my position today @317.00; $TSLA now 86.14% of my financial assets) but please stop assigning every stupid rumors to shorts. This really does a disservice to everyone and contribute to the "fake" stuff being spread around.

Eeeek, I love Tesla but would not put that large of an investment in anything, please diversify.

Dude! Even Elon isn't that concentrated in Tesla shares!

Actually, wouldn't this rumor have been started by someone who is long on TSLA, rather than a short?
No, I don't think so. People who've been following SpaceX and Tesla understand why SpaceX won't IPO. Thinking that it will might destroy confidence. Anyway, that note was just not credible, it read more like spam than any real revelation.

Reactions: neroden
A few years ago I heard the SpaceX president give a talk and asked her a question during Q&A about IPO plans. She said that she (and others) wanted to IPO to give liquidation options to employees, but that Elon preferred not to... but Elon was open to IPO'ing when SpaceX was launching rockets on schedule without delays, and launching in significant numbers (I forget exactly the number she gave but I think it was like at least a few a month). I know Elon has mentioned multiple times that he doesn't want SpaceX to IPO. But I just give this anecdote because I wouldn't place the possibility of SpaceX IPO'ing in the next few years at zero.

A few years ago I heard the SpaceX president give a talk and asked her a question during Q&A about IPO plans. She said that she (and others) wanted to IPO to give liquidation options to employees, but that Elon preferred not to... but Elon was open to IPO'ing when SpaceX was launching rockets on schedule without delays, and launching in significant numbers (I forget exactly the number she gave but I think it was like at least a few a month). I know Elon has mentioned multiple times that he doesn't want SpaceX to IPO. But I just give this anecdote because I wouldn't place the possibility of SpaceX IPO'ing in the next few years at zero.
SpaceX does have "Liquidity events" every six months, where an independent auditor values the company and employees can sell vested stock back at a fixed price.

This particular news was obviously not from short hedges, but certainly 95% of the fake news FUD is from shorts. Why would anyone go so far out of their way to spread it if they weren't in it for the stock drop.

Anywho........diversify! (or may for today.......buy?)

Holy .......! Teslaraty just posted an article claiming Tesla shareholder with more than $10000 in stock will have access to Spacex IPO shares. Soon! Can some one post the link for others please?
Not worth posting the link because it is an unfounded rumor that SpaceX has already flatly denied.

Some hedge fund person just spouting imaginary nonsense to get attention. Ignore him.

Reactions: neroden
SpaceX does have "Liquidity events" every six months, where an independent auditor values the company and employees can sell vested stock back at a fixed price.
Thanks @ggr. Actually she did mention that as well in her answer to my question. For some reason though at that time she (and others) viewed IPO'ing as preferable. She said Elon's main concern was that delayed launches could affect stock price significantly so he wanted that stable. Of course this was a few years ago and a lot could have and probably has changed.

Do we ever have leaks as to the valuation? All the valuations I've heard are based on the big Fidelity trades from years ago.
There are recent valuations from the past year or so. I can't remember where I saw it. But if you research it, you can find it. It might have been from the article of leaked financial projections of SpaceX over next decade.

Do we ever have leaks as to the valuation? All the valuations I've heard are based on the big Fidelity trades from years ago.

There are recent valuations from the past year or so. I can't remember where I saw it. But if you research it, you can find it. It might have been from the article of leaked financial projections of SpaceX over next decade.

WSJ puts it at $12B - but leaked info via Fidelity investments etc. - It's likely more like $15-$16B;
Factoring in the very recent successes- It's got to be pushing $20B as a reasonable projected

According to The Wall Street Journal, SpaceX is valued at $12 billion. That makes it the 10th highest-valued startup in the world,
3-31-17-spacex-stock.png

Will SpaceX Stock Hit the Market in 2017?

$16B via Fidelity investment - 2015-2016
"
SpaceX is majority-owned by Musk himself, and valued by at least one of its private-equity investors, Fidelity, at slightly more than $16 billion. Fidelity led a round with Alphabet in January 2015 to invest $1 billion in the company, in connection with the satellite internet plans. Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund and DFJ Venture Capital also hold stakes in the firm.
"
SpaceX’s leaked finances show Elon Musk is betting big on satellite internet

"
SpaceX shares recently sold at a price 24% higher than the last fundraising round, a securities filing by Fidelity Investments indicates, a price that would value the firm at close to $15 billion. It suggests that SpaceX shares have continued to rise in the secondary market and likely explains why Fidelity marked up its stake in the company to that level in February.
"
SpaceX’s Share Price Climbs Further