Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is false. We are having some issues getting our floor mats fulfilled on time. Our mud flaps and underseat storage ship immediately. Many people here ordered our mudflaps and didn’t have to wait at all.

OK,
They're freaking floor mats!
There, I corrected it for you.

Now, please for the sake of those who actually spent money...
Go do some work

I apologize that you feel there has been a lack of communication. I realize this is not an excuse, but we have been having an overwhelming amount of orders coming in resulting in some growing pains. We did refund your money. We made it very clear to you there would be wait for your mats that is why you received a deep discount. You understood there would be a long wait for our mats. We have been communicating with our customers through emails, our site, etc. It is difficult for us to give an exact date on when a customer will receive their mats due to all of the shipping and trucking issues we have been experiencing. Once the mats are in, if a customer would like the product right away we will be more than happy to overnight them (at the customers expense). We are a very ethical company and have given you no reason for you to even assume that. Obviously, we were forthright in our communications and expectations otherwise you would not have written" 30% off introductory price a few months ago I fully understood that I was prepaying in order to get this discount and that the wait would be long".
I wasn't going to say anything, but your comment above in red changed my mind. An ethical company/person will not reach out via private message asking a customer to remove a comment from a public forum in exchange for a faster turnaround of an order. My advice to you is less talk and more doing. Focus on customer satisfaction and clear timelines. The majority of us are frustrated not because of the delay but rather the lack of meaningful communication. Use this forum to post something like: the week of November 15th we are shipping all orders from 2000-2400, the week of November 22nd orders from 2401- 2500 due to the holiday. People will appreciate it and will not be upset. Don't take this personally, just advise how to keep your current prospects and add new ones in the pipeline.

1637279276747.png

I wasn't going to say anything, but your comment above in red changed my mind. An ethical company/person will not reach out via private message asking a customer to remove a comment from a public forum in exchange for a faster turnaround of an order. My advice to you is less talk and more doing. Focus on customer satisfaction and clear timelines. The majority of us are frustrated not because of the delay but rather the lack of meaningful communication. Use this forum to post something like: the week of November 15th we are shipping all orders from 2000-2400, the week of November 22nd orders from 2401- 2500 due to the holiday. People will appreciate it and will not be upset. Don't take this personally, just advise how to keep your current prospects and add new ones in the pipeline.

View attachment 734524
DavidPetr:

I apologize for what appears to me to be a poor articulation of my thoughts and intent in one of my emails to you. To clarify, I certainly didn't mean to imply that if you removed your negative comments from the blog site, in exchange, I would give your beneficial service in the form of an expedited delivery of your product, at the expense of our other customers. What I was trying to convey to you was that I would focus on properly responding to your concern after the weekend, on Monday, the next business day. I was inundated with some personal family obligations over that weekend and just wasn't physically able to appropriately respond to your legitimate concerns. I wanted to address your issue first thing on Monday.

As for your suggestion and advice, after giving it much thought, I agree with your guidance on how best to communicate with our customers. Keep in mind, we are so entrenched with dealing with a myriad of issues and problems on the manufacturing, logistics, shipment, delivery and fulfillment of our products to a growing cadre of customers that sometimes we lose site of the impact that our impetuous or summary approach to interacting with our customers actually has on our customers. It sometimes is a reality check when we get qualified feedback and advise from people like you, our actual customers.

We will definitely take to heart your advice and try to weave it in to our procedures in communicating with our customers going forward. Keep in mind, however, sometimes when our Chinese manufacturers give us inaccurate information, though perhaps not intentional at the time, or when our oversees shippers give us estimated delivery times, which prove to be inaccurate when their entry into west coast ports are delayed, or when truckers transporting our inventory to our warehouses both in the east coast and the west coast get disrupted, we are reticent to give expected time frames to our customers, where the the level of predictability and timing estimates on delivery times of our products to our customers become more uncertain or subject to wider than acceptable variances, at the risk of being perceived as liars or of fostering a sense of insecurity and frustration by our customers. So, it becomes somewhat of a balancing act between trying to give our customers meaningful and clear delivery timelines, while being a little vague and less definite to give us a wider margin of error as to timing or delivery.

But in any event, I do thank you for your disinterested and well-intentioned feedback and be assured that we will integrate your advice in our communication policy going forward.

Thank you again for taking a sincere interest in the success of our small but rapidly growing company.

All the best,

Jason

Last edited:
Sharing, for member awareness. Received the following DM from Tshields.

[IMG alt="tshields"]https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/data/avatars/l/137/137438.jpg?1593735356[/IMG]

tshields

Vendor​

Jun 15, 2020572216MIAMI, FL
17 minutes ago
I am confused why you are trying so hard to bring us down or to support others like your buddy Qdeathstar to gang up on us. You never ordered from us in the first place. If you would really like to get to know us pls give us a call. We aren’t money hungry theifs like others make us to be.

786-838-6897

Like Quote Reply

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, white on white​

Jun 19, 20197,1499,687Seattle area
10 minutes ago
I am confused why you are trying so hard to bring us down or to support others like your buddy Qdeathstar to gang up on us. You never ordered from us in the first place. If you would really like to get to know us pls give us a call. We aren’t money hungry theifs like others make us to be.

786-838-6897
I was going to post this unprofessional message in that thread, but decided you’re not worth my effort. Don’t even know @qdeathstar but did see he/she helped you, re the whole credit back issue - so you don’t have to pay 10%. Lastly, there are way worse posts today to you than my likely factual one, re your “cash flow” challenges…. Keep it up and I will post this for all to see.

Quote Reply
Report Edit

[IMG alt="tshields"]https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/data/avatars/l/137/137438.jpg?1593735356[/IMG]

tshields

Vendor​

Jun 15, 2020572216MIAMI, FL
7 minutes agoNew
If I’m not worth your effort, then why do you spend your time and effort into responding to my posts?

Like Quote Reply

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, white on white​

Jun 19, 20197,1499,687Seattle area
3 minutes ago
If I’m not worth your effort, then why do you spend your time and effort into responding to my posts?
I think you’ll find I response to other member posts, not yours, as I don’t want to see fellow member’s screwed over. This thread is for issues with Tshields, as told by members. Also, I didn’t create the thread, nor do I troll your updates thread or other threads. Since you didn’t heed my suggestion, this will be posted.”

And the DM’s and downvotes from this company continue. Amazing. Folks, you really do have better alternatives for flaps and other products.

I think you’ll find I response to other member posts, not yours, as I don’t want to see fellow member’s screwed over. This thread is for issues with Tshields, as told by members. Also, I didn’t create the thread, nor do I troll your updates thread or other threads. Since you didn’t heed my suggestion, this will be posted.

@
tshields

@tshields

Vendor​

Not really sure what you are trying to prove as I did nothing wrong. But go ahead 😂

View attachment 734524
That’s alarming. I was all set to place an order before I read this. Wow.

What the… this is my first time commenting on anything you’ve been in. You don’t want this smoke. Walk away.
that’s false… your actions say otherwise. The truth of the matter is that you were never “all set to place an order” and your only intention by posting that was to disuade.

Attachments

• BBF7F6FA-38E8-4C15-8AF5-93CC0C23287D.jpeg
    BBF7F6FA-38E8-4C15-8AF5-93CC0C23287D.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 77
  • A38E758D-DAF2-4A1F-B9D8-CE509E3E4B9E.png
    A38E758D-DAF2-4A1F-B9D8-CE509E3E4B9E.png
    611 KB · Views: 83
  • D6F073BD-0F22-44A2-84F3-82C3612F3CC5.png
    D6F073BD-0F22-44A2-84F3-82C3612F3CC5.png
    462.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 013006FD-846B-42FB-84D4-440FECEFA6CF.jpeg
    013006FD-846B-42FB-84D4-440FECEFA6CF.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 5217C4B7-3755-4F2B-9A76-A62F855943D4.jpeg
    5217C4B7-3755-4F2B-9A76-A62F855943D4.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 8CA1944F-7EC0-47F8-BEF5-E95674DD1952.png
    8CA1944F-7EC0-47F8-BEF5-E95674DD1952.png
    623.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 8FA38174-6E9C-4B39-AC5F-FB0FEECB3239.png
    8FA38174-6E9C-4B39-AC5F-FB0FEECB3239.png
    601.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
As a former Dale Carnegie coach and instructor,
100% certain Tesla Dude is doomed to fail.

Who needs abuse from someone who wants your money?
I've never seen such nonsense from a vendor.
I'm certain we are all grateful @tshields is not a First Responder.

Last edited:
I for one will just keep giving @tshields the benefit of doubt. This sort of stuff isn’t exactly uncommon, especially with a small business startup. Is it ideal? No, but it even happens with large companies. I think the order fee for a Tesla as it stands is actually currently more than the current average @tshields order and your delivery date is currently a year out and not at all guaranteed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also worth noting, Tesla themselves don’t even have stellar communication. 😬

Reactions: tshields
I for one will just keep giving @tshields the benefit of doubt. This sort of stuff isn’t exactly uncommon, especially with a small business startup. Is it ideal? No, but it even happens with large companies. I think the order fee for a Tesla as it stands is actually currently more than the current average @tshields order and your delivery date is currently a year out and not at all guaranteed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also worth noting, Tesla themselves don’t even have stellar communication. 😬

Fair point, but there is quite a bit of difference between Tesla's "lack of communication" and TShields "combative/unprofessional" approaches. Neither are good business practices. Personally, I don't see TShields surviving for the following reasons:

1. Cash Flow, and Cash Flow management
2. Lead times to procure product and supply customers
3. Seeming inexperienced business leadership (many examples of that in this thread, like paying someone 10% for charge backs)
4. Unprofessional conduct (e.g., "No Edit, No Credit")
5. Poor communication skills (lack of, and when they do, combative/unprofessional)
6. Own only the one mold for floor mats, everything else is a marked up/rebranded 3rd party product that can be purchased on Amazon/eBay for much less money
7. Questionable business ethics (e.g., They seem to use other companies marketing material and pictures to promote their marked up and rebranded version)
8. Logistic and global pandemic challenges
9. A seemingly long list of unhappy (and vocal) customers/prospective customers
10. Lot's of competition in this space; many of which do not have a long list like this one saddling them down....

I could go on, but I think that helps to explain my thinking for why TShields may come and go, like the wind. Hopefully, they (really their creditors) won't take all the pre-order customer payments without completing all of the "cash up front," pre-orders.

Best of luck, all.

this week we have fulfilled, shipped, and delivered 160 orders and in the last two weeks its 313. Everyone that ordered is going to get their orders it’s just that our inventory is coming in piece mail instead of one lump sum in either red stag’s TN or UT location. We were expecting them to come in one piece so that customers will be fulfilled immediately. This ended up not being the case so Instead of sending all the orders at once are now able to ship X amount of whichever completed product we have to whichever customer ordered first. in the mean time we are offering complementary replacement mats to those who would like to keep their floors protected while their order is being fulfilled.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and rjpjnk
this week we have fulfilled, shipped, and delivered 160 orders and in the last two weeks its 313. Everyone that ordered is going to get their orders it’s just that our inventory is coming in piece mail instead of one lump sum in either red stag’s TN or UT location. We were expecting them to come in one piece so that customers will be fulfilled immediately. This ended up not being the case so Instead of sending all the orders at once are now able to ship X amount of whichever completed product we have to whichever customer ordered first. in the mean time we are offering complementary replacement mats to those who would like to keep their floors protected while their order is being fulfilled.
Seems like quite a bit of extra money having to be spent by the company on having to ship multiple packages to complete one order, not to mention having to ship something now and then the new stuff again at a later time. I’m guessing @tshields is covering all of this? Even after discounting these orders way back when in order the fund their business and build up supply so they could potentially operate in a much more cash flow positive position in the future? I mean, I see both points of view. I’m not thrilled about waiting, but it sounds like @tshields is making a strong effort to right the wrong and move forward? Maybe everyone could put themselves in @tshields’s shoes for a minute and realize this is a BUSINESS they are trying to get off the ground and at the end of the day the things you’re ordering are accessories for a car that you could order from somewhere else if you’re not willing to wait. It’s not like you’re going without food and water, their floor mats and mudflaps that you bought at a discount. 🙄

Reactions: tshields
Will leave my comment about @tshields business practices as well. Order set of mats for M3 21 back in October, before ordering asked here if they will be included in batch, got reply that yes, will be included. When recently they begin shipping, I checked with Jason and he told me that he is not unsure and checking and also asked me if I want to get 2017-2019 mats, I replied that no I don't want them, but then suddenly received notification of new order in my name for 2017-2019 mats and shipping notification. Reached for clarification, no response. Yesterday mats arrived.
I will try to be objective here and not only complaining. It seems mats are really good quality and front mats actually fit pretty well for me, better then other brands I tried before, but backseat mat is not fitting properly, it need to be tucked away under center console, and there is significant gaps on the sides. So while product quality seems to be really good, unfortunately communications and business practices are not. I understand logistic/shipping issues due to pandemic and that's why was patiently waiting, but it is not an excuse for forcibly sending me older stock, which is known not to fit properly.