Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shipment is underway! 62 supporters got their orders delivered today!

Attachments

• B8B4C4B7-EBC2-44DD-8EC8-10CEA9B8C352.jpeg
    B8B4C4B7-EBC2-44DD-8EC8-10CEA9B8C352.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: WhiteWi
"As planned?" I'm fine if that is the plan, but it would be good to know the "plan" ahead of time.
sorry about the miscommunication, the original plan was to have all 4 mats shipped together in December. Our warehouse is sending out 7 seater without the third row for some unknown reason. I found out the reason why people are not recieving their mats for the model 3 and y is because our 3PL is sending out our mats to their other warehouse location in Knoxville, TN when it was supposed to ship from SLC where all of our inventory landed over a month ago. I share all of your frustrations and will get to the bottom of this and keep you updated tomorrow.

Attachments

• CB694C2A-2B79-4619-9C58-C27B957B2E49.png
    CB694C2A-2B79-4619-9C58-C27B957B2E49.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • D51F3041-4C10-40D8-8BFE-3811137FA7DA.png
    D51F3041-4C10-40D8-8BFE-3811137FA7DA.png
    543 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
sorry about the miscommunication, the original plan was to have all 4 mats shipped together in December. Our warehouse is sending out 7 seater without the third row for some unknown reason. I found out the reason why people are not recieving their mats for the model 3 and y is because our 3PL is sending out our mats to their other warehouse location in Knoxville, TN when it was supposed to ship from SLC where all of our inventory landed over a month ago. I share all of your frustrations and will get to the bottom of this and keep you updated tomorrow.
Is there anyway for you guys to provide clear timeline for when our orders will be delivered? Not responding to emails and refusing to provide refunds (I’ve asked about it a few weeks ago) is not going to work. Plus I am still waiting for you to send the correct frunk and trunk mats.

Order #2698. Sent an email already asking for the status on my order which was promised to be shipped early last week but have not gotten any update on and no reply to my email. If my order doesn't get shipped and I don't get a tracking number this week, I'd like to cancel my order please. Here's a screenshot from an update you sent back in September. I hope you guys are true to your word. @tshields

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 3.44.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 3.44.07 PM.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 64
Is there anyway for you guys to provide clear timeline for when our orders will be delivered? Not responding to emails and refusing to provide refunds (I’ve asked about it a few weeks ago) is not going to work. Plus I am still waiting for you to send the correct frunk and trunk mats.

"Plus I am still waiting for you to send the correct frunk and trunk mats."

So it's just not me that received a frunk mat that has no way possible of fitting? Trunk mat fits and works great, but the frunk mat is collecting dust in my garage as it will not fit.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Order #2698. Sent an email already asking for the status on my order which was promised to be shipped early last week but have not gotten any update on and no reply to my email. If my order doesn't get shipped and I don't get a tracking number this week, I'd like to cancel my order please. Here's a screenshot from an update you sent back in September. I hope you guys are true to your word. @tshields
Update: Just got on the phone with Jason. He explained to me the situation and we were able to find a solution that works best for both us with regards to my order. He explained that they have been having issues with their warehouse. I am pretty sure they are getting hammered with inquiries about their orders and, as a small business owner myself, I kinda feel for them. Based on our conversation, they seem to just be having a rough time with the overwhelming orders that they received (exacerbated by the hiccups from their warehouse) and that they want to get these mats to us quickly, probably more than we do.

They are not. I sent same this same excerpt from their website when they initially refused my refund request and I got downvoted by Teslashields. Not sure what part of their own words they disagree with.
I would just suggest trying again. On their email, there's a phone number you can call. If you haven't done so, just try that as well. Hope you get your refund or a solution to your order.

I thought I had finally decided on buying Tesla Shield brand Model Y Mud Flap / Splash Guards but found this thread.... Hmmm
Are the Model Y Mud Flaps in stock and available to ship?
They just rebadge the mud flaps. You can buy the same ones for less here:
They are identical and even use the same photos. The OEM Tesla ones are the best anyway.

Attachments

• 3_1024x1024.jpg
    3_1024x1024.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 71Wrv33ifmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71Wrv33ifmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 42
This is my experience with Tesla Shields. I ordered some mats when I first got my M3 in early September knowing they wouldn't arrive for a while because I texted back and forth with Jason, the founder. What made me get antsy recently was the updates saying the mats were coming and then hearing nothing back. I emailed Tesla Shields and Jason personally called me to give me an update on the issues with items arriving piecemeal. He offered to send me older version mats to keep until the new ones arrived. I got an order confirmation for those so it'll be nice to get something to protect my car while I'm waiting since it's been so long.

I think this is just an issue of overpromising and underdelivering because all the emails were overly optimistic about timing, which has led to a sense of major disappointment. I feel for the small business owner aspect of this because they seem to be new at it but I do think Tesla Shields need to improve upon their messaging and processes. I'm still hopeful the mats will be worth the wait, but I'll report back when I receive them.

• Helpful
Reactions: rjpjnk and jebinc