Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a full set of MY mats, front and rear, 3 months ago, at a great price, knowing that they will not be arriving anytime soon. It said that on the website when I ordered and I knew it. Within a week, I received my rear mat, trunk mat and frunk mat. They are excellent quality, look great and fit well.

I recently sent a text to Jason over the holiday, and he called me back on Monday. He was pleasant to speak with, and he is more frustrated than we are about the shipping delays. But they are shipping, and I should be receiving the remainder of my set soon.

I can see that they are having issues with the shipping logistics, and I will happily wait till they iron this out. I have no doubt that they will make good on our orders. I have already returned other mats I purchased on line because of poor quality, fit or user unfriendliness. These mats are head and shoulders better than the competition, and I look forward to enjoying the Tesla Shields for years to come.

I am glad that the vendor is reachable and doing all they can to keep the products coming our way.

Reactions: BTVev
Interesting. We tried to cancel today and was told he would pack and ship today for us. Then we got an automated text that it was cancelled. Then we got a call from him that they are shipping. So we are very confused. Never a mention about an older 2020 model though, that’s news to me from reading this thread. Not something I want if that’s not what I ordered. I guess we will see if he fufils promise. How does one tell the difference between his 2020 and 2021 models? I’m assuming that means Tesla production year and not his manufacturing year?

Hey guys,

I just got this information from our shipping partners and will be sharing this on our email update later tonight/tomorrow. Please note that it starts with 2 because we already got our first inventory drop on the fifth of novmember which is why I said that customers were going to recieve their mats much sooner. This inventory drop ended up being incomplete and now the rest of our inventory will be coming in based on the schedule before.

2. 12ctns to TN37914
Under booking truck for delivery this week.

Container: WHLU5433175
Carrier: WAN HAI LINES (USA) LTD.

--------------------------
3.20ctns to UT84116
Status: finish pickup from port and cotainer now is under devanning, delivery will be arranged once finish devanning

Container: KKFU9165611
Carrier: ONE
-------------------------

4. 20ctns to TN37914
ETD 10/27ETA 12/5
Container: TGBU7273342
Carrier: EMC

5.93ctns to UT84116
ETD 11/23
ETA 12/9
Container:CULU6005156
Carrier:中联航运有限公司

6.94ctns TN37914 --
ETD 11/24
ETA 12/24
Container:TGBU4012983
Carrier:EMC

ETA; port arrival date
port status both China and US, congestion will delay the container/vessel return back to China, sail schedule will change basing on real situation.

Hey guys,

I just got this information from our shipping partners and will be sharing this on our email update later tonight/tomorrow. Please note that it starts with 2 because we already got our first inventory drop on the fifth of novmember which is why I said that customers were going to recieve their mats much sooner. This inventory drop ended up being incomplete and now the rest of our inventory will be coming in based on the schedule before.

2. 12ctns to TN37914
Under booking truck for delivery this week.

Container: WHLU5433175
Carrier: WAN HAI LINES (USA) LTD.

--------------------------
3.20ctns to UT84116
Status: finish pickup from port and cotainer now is under devanning, delivery will be arranged once finish devanning

Container: KKFU9165611
Carrier: ONE

4. 20ctns to TN37914
ETD 10/27ETA 12/5
Container: TGBU7273342
Carrier: EMC

5.93ctns to UT84116
ETD 11/23
ETA 12/9
Container:CULU6005156
Carrier:中联航运有限公司

6.94ctns TN37914 --
ETD 11/24
ETA 12/24
Container:TGBU4012983
Carrier:EMC

ETA; port arrival date
port status both China and US, congestion will delay the container/vessel return back to China, sail schedule will change basing on real situation.
I hate to sound dumb, but can you translate this into plain English, please.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi and jebinc
I hate to sound dumb, but can you translate this into plain English, please.
Basically each one is a shipment. Ctns is the number of cartons in each shipment. The first 2 orders are small, the big shipments are 5 and 6 at over 90 cartons each.

2 is on a truck to the warehouse, 3 is in a container at the port being unloaded. 4, 5, and 6, are all on ships with arrival at port dates from 12/5 - 12/24. All of those will still have to be unloaded, from the ship, then the container, and then on to the 3PL warehouse where it needs to be unloaded again and sorted before being packed and then eventually shipped to the customer. Considering how long everything else is taking you can probably guess that it'll be a long time before these start shipping.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman and jebinc
Basically each one is a shipment. Ctns is the number of cartons in each shipment. The first 2 orders are small, the big shipments are 5 and 6 at over 90 cartons each.

2 is on a truck to the warehouse, 3 is in a container at the port being unloaded. 4, 5, and 6, are all on ships with arrival at port dates from 12/5 - 12/24. All of those will still have to be unloaded, from the ship, then the container, and then on to the 3PL warehouse where it needs to be unloaded again and sorted before being packed and then eventually shipped to the customer. Considering how long everything else is taking you can probably guess that it'll be a long time before these start shipping.
So what about us that order the 7 seater model Y back in February 2021 and still waiting for the 3rd row mats. Getting the front and 2nd row took until late August. I don’t trust I will ever get this sent as all communication has stopped and this Jason guy just lies and blows smoke.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
So what about us that order the 7 seater model Y back in February 2021 and still waiting for the 3rd row mats. Getting the front and 2nd row took until late August. I don’t trust I will ever get this sent as all communication has stopped and this Jason guy just lies and blows smoke.
You received your front two rows of mats as promised. Third row and all 7 seater options ships to customers this month and has always been the case.

Attachments

• 2B0465A4-2062-4C0A-9BB2-8E9C9A36A760.jpeg
    2B0465A4-2062-4C0A-9BB2-8E9C9A36A760.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 66
  • F758578E-A6BA-4BD8-B265-F7222E74CAFE.jpeg
    F758578E-A6BA-4BD8-B265-F7222E74CAFE.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

That helps some. But I'm still unclear... cartons of what? I ordered "Tesla Model 3 2021 Trunk and Frunk Mat Kit *Back order: August 2021 Production" -- how do I know if my order is in one of those containers?

Right now I just received an update that a shipment containing a few hundred Model 3 2020 - 2021 mats and model y 7 seater mats has landed and been accepted at our TN warehouse! It should take a week or less them to be counted, sorted, and kitted together. As you may be aware, this is the smallest shipment in the set and we are having a bigger shipment arrive at our SLC location at the end of this week/ early next week. So far, we are still aligned with our original two - 4 week timeframe (now 1-2 weeks) we stated in our last email update almost two weeks ago. These shipments include model y 7 seater trunk and frunk, Third row, Model 3 trunk and frunk mats, 2020-2021 model 3 and model y 5 and 7 seater revised seat mount floor mats. Please note that you will be fulfilled at either our SLC location or TN location based at the time you ordered and the coast you are in. East coast customers get fulfilled from TN and west coast are fulfilled from SLC. If you have any questions pls AMA.

Reactions: M3.K.I.T.T.LR.
Order #1651: WARNING, LONG RANT INCOMING LoL

I just thought I would jump in here and share my personal experience.....

I ordered a full set (3pc for front and back seat, and the 2pc for frunk and trunk) on June 17 2021. I ordered the "pre sale" package with the smaller price but later arrival date. Little did I know it would be 6 MONTHS later and I would get my 3pc set, and told the 2pc set would be shipping later this month (December 2021)

I've emailed, I've tweeted, and I've called all with different dates all over the place and still no clear time and the time said, no arrival... UNTIL I called about a week or two ago and spoke to Jason himself. I told him my frustration, and that I was disappointed with the lack of communication. To me he was genuinely sorry and told me he was shipping a 3pc set right away. He also warned me that some of the packages were mislabeled so my order might say 2017-2019 even though I ordered 2021 (which they were) and that if they don't fit to call him and he will correct the problem.

Fast forward to December 6th when my order arrived. I was shocked at how fast they got here, I honestly was not expecting them, I was also shocked at how light the box was. I immediately opened them and swapped my OEM ones out. Fitment note, you must take out your OEM mats before putting these new ones in. I know some will say "well duh" but I have seen some with the OEM ones in and claim they don't fit.

My thoughts on fitment and the product: I am VERY PLEASED with the fitment!! They were definitely for my 2021 M3 and they are very snug and actually "fit like a glove" HaHa They are light weight and as far as I can tell (only been a few days) they are very durable. My feet don't slip or get snagged. The mats don't move of fold and I like the extra lip for spills or if something you dropped is rolling around. I love these mats! I have had a few "cheapy" ones and saw this company on this forum back in June and decided to splurge a little and go for it. The wait, yes SUCKS, but TRUST ME, the wait is worth it for this product.

It wasn't until I read in this very forum that Jason is a 1 man working company, that made me genuinely sorry I acted and treated him the way I did. Understand, your waiting for FLOOR MATS, not some precious cargo like a 50k -60k vehicle which ( I can't speak for myself) come from a multi billion dollar company and some have flaws that some people can deal with until the company honors and fixes, but are completely calm about it. Some of the comments I've seen on here are not justified by the product or wait time. My point it, your bashing and hating on ONE GUY over FLOOR MATS, CHILL!

Say what you want (because I know ill get hate for some things I say) But understand this is MY OPINION only and my experience only. I know some have either waited longer or asked for a refund and maybe not gotten it yet, but the product to me outweighs the wait time. When I talked to Jason to thank him personally on the day I received them, he sound extremely tired and exhausted, that tells me that he is working as hard as he can to make right with all of us. GIVE HIM TIME!

Jason, THANK YOU! Your product is incredible and I cant wait for my Trunk and Frunk (Order #1650) Keep up the great work and I hope that when people get theirs and are also as pleased as I, they call you and thank you as well!!

Right now I just received an update that a shipment containing a few hundred Model 3 2020 - 2021 mats and model y 7 seater mats has landed and been accepted at our TN warehouse! It should take a week or less them to be counted, sorted, and kitted together. As you may be aware, this is the smallest shipment in the set and we are having a bigger shipment arrive at our SLC location at the end of this week/ early next week. So far, we are still aligned with our original two - 4 week timeframe (now 1-2 weeks) we stated in our last email update almost two weeks ago. These shipments include model y 7 seater trunk and frunk, Third row, Model 3 trunk and frunk mats, 2020-2021 model 3 and model y 5 and 7 seater revised seat mount floor mats. Please note that you will be fulfilled at either our SLC location or TN location based at the time you ordered and the coast you are in. East coast customers get fulfilled from TN and west coast are fulfilled from SLC. If you have any questions pls AMA.
That's great news Jason, Thank you for the update!

Promised was May, then June again July then end of July then they the front and 2nd row arrived August 3rd. I figure it will be a year plus before the 3dd row ever arrives.
We have them in our possession. We are still expecting to be shipped out this month. Your floormats were sent to you at the end of July and I Just saw that your third row was shipped earlier and that tracking was sent to you. Also third row was never supposed to be sent until December

Last edited: