Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Shields: Our Humble Beginnings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Two friends on a never-ending quest to provide the highest quality and best fitting mats on the market for your model 3 and Y, all while offering the best and most personable customer support answered by our co-founders.

Hello, My name is Jason and I handle all the day-to-day activities and also our marketing and outreach. My partner Sebastien, handles design, manufacturing, and logistics. We started this company almost three years ago while I was a sophomore in college. 

Our first product was our all-in-one door sill protection kit. This kit had everything you need to install a door sill protector and included a clear door sill protector. Having no funds and starting this on our own, we took out credit cards (not recommended) to buy materials and including our own vinyl cutting machine! We were making our own door sill protectors and fulfilling orders all from my grandmother’s garage. At first, things were going great and sales were strong. However, One day, I was left alone with the machine and was not sure how to properly operate it and had over 300 orders crinkled up! I wanted to conserve our product and not let them go to waste so I brought them home and used an iron to make our sills look brand new. I sent them out hoping for the best, but then I started to see the consequences of this soon-to-be mistake. An unprecedented amount of people were returning their product and giving us negative reviews. I learned an extremely important lesson: do not ship out orders until you are certain that the product is perfect!

Some time has passed and a family member of mine who has a model 3 was raving about their car, but was confused on why their car did not come with floor mats and was completely unsatisfied with the all-weather ones that were purchased. Her complaints consisted of a bulky logo, not enough coverage on the dead pedal, and lackluster customer service with representatives not in the United States and lacking complete knowledge of their own product. We decided that we are going to make a difference and stand in the face of these huge Chinese conglomerate companies not putting their customers first. We came to the decision that we were going to offer 24/7 customer support that is accessible by phone, email, text, and even on various websites and blogs that we have a presence on. Not only that but we custom-molded our mats to make sure we had at least 25% more coverage than what’s out on the market and a seamless design to ensure that our mats blend into the floors and have the least amount of gaps possible.

We started out with our 2017-2019 model 3 floor mats and we were an instant success and sold out within a few weeks! We then came to you guys at Tesla Motor Club and announced our expansion onto other mats and was overall successful. We have experienced some growing pains but now we are stronger than ever! Our second batch of orders has been a huge success! We have already started on our third batch and will now include options for our model y 7 seater folks. We have just launched our product repertoire on Amazon and Walmart in addition to our online store! If you would like to reach out to me personally I have my direct line available here: 786-838-6897

Jason

PS. We have added the 2021 model 3 and Y floor mats and their respective frunk and trunk mats back on our website. Although they are on back order, we are offering a special. For this month only, if you buy on our website, you get 30% off your order! Enter: “backorder2021” at checkout to redeem!

www.Teslashields.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ethnic Chinese and don't think you should remove anything from your website. I and many other Chinese here in the US don't think highly of made in China products and would prefer someone in the US stand behind the product. I think you're doing exactly that. Good luck from a Chinese guy who does not think you're casting aspersion.

Don't get pulled into the intricate nuances of intra-Chinese stereotypes and chest puffery. ;)

Difference is if you have a problem you are going to be able to get a hold of Tesla Shields and they will take care of it. You are also giving more money to an American running a business and not sending it all to China. Maybe if he does well enough at some point it would be worth it for him to get his own manufacturing equipment

I'm ethnic Chinese and don't think you should remove anything from your website. I and many other Chinese here in the US don't think highly of made in China products and would prefer someone in the US stand behind the product. I think you're doing exactly that. Good luck from a Chinese guy who does not think you're casting aspersion.

Don't get pulled into the intricate nuances of intra-Chinese stereotypes and chest puffery. ;)
I guess you don't realize these products ARE made in China....at least read the posts! pfffff...anyway, I've said my piece. I wont be buying these products while that comment remains on their website. Over and out on this thread!

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi and TSLY
I guess you don't realize these products ARE made in China....at least read the posts! pfffff...anyway, I've said my piece. I wont be buying these products while that comment remains on their website. Over and out on this thread!
Completely understand American designed made in China. The guy is just starting out do you expect him to build his own manufacturing facility? Do you realize how much that will cost? There is a difference when it comes to getting support. If you buy from the OP he answers the phone and takes care of you. Competitors in China will support the product from China. I always say your money do as you want. I bought a set from the OP as he actually measured a 2021 (many places haven't and the mats don't fit right). I also appreciate he didn't put a big logo on them. He never says they aren't made in China also. I will be sure to post here when I get mine about how they fit.

Completely understand American designed made in China. The guy is just starting out do you expect him to build his own manufacturing facility? Do you realize how much that will cost? There is a difference when it comes to getting support. If you buy from the OP he answers the phone and takes care of you. Competitors in China will support the product from China. I always say your money do as you want. I bought a set from the OP as he actually measured a 2021 (many places haven't and the mats don't fit right). I also appreciate he didn't put a big logo on them. He never says they aren't made in China also. I will be sure to post here when I get mine about how they fit.
Just wanted to set the record straight here...I am not talking about the product, which I am sure are great quality. My issue is with the denigrating comment about how Chinese competitors have their operation set up. The wording choice was poor IMO. Any good CEO knows that the best way to get a good brand is by NOT bashing your competitors.

Quick question. I ordered a set of the 2021 mats on 08/13 (backordered with the discount). From the posts I'm seeing, it seems like backordered orders wont ship out until Sept/Oct. Mine says they will arrive tomorrow... Am I getting the correct 2021 mats?

Quick question. I ordered a set of the 2021 mats on 08/13 (backordered with the discount). From the posts I'm seeing, it seems like backordered orders wont ship out until Sept/Oct. Mine says they will arrive tomorrow... Am I getting the correct 2021 mats?
Let me check! Please send me your order # and I’ll send you a pm

Just wanted to set the record straight here...I am not talking about the product, which I am sure are great quality. My issue is with the denigrating comment about how Chinese competitors have their operation set up. The wording choice was poor IMO. Any good CEO knows that the best way to get a good brand is by NOT bashing your competitors.
Which competitor did he bash though? I didn't see him name any company. Probably could have worded it better by saying that he is an American based company so you have a problem you will reach someone in America for support. That being said I didn't see anything malicious with what he said.

Which competitor did he bash though? I didn't see him name any company. Probably could have worded it better by saying that he is an American based company so you have a problem you will reach someone in America for support. That being said I didn't see anything malicious with what he said.
Don't want any bad karma nor would I want them to bash us so my lips are sealed 🤐

• Love
Reactions: THXULTRA
1629478343958.png

Reactions: tshields