TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Shop:All-Weather Model S Trunk Set

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by BryanW, Mar 16, 2013.

1. BryanW

BryanW R#664, Model S#1526

The all weather trunk set is now up in the shop...

It doesn't have an option for just getting the footwell liner. As I have the rear facing child seats, I don't need that large trunk mat, just the footwell liner.
    I've emailed ownership to ask how we can order just the footwell liner, but haven't heard back yet.

2. sandwood

sandwood Member

I'm in the same boat as you but I decided to buy the complete set because I think I will want the full trunk liner eventually anyway. Thanks for posting.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

That sure looks like WeatherTech stuff. I wonder if they're OEMing for Tesla?

4. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

FedEx just delivered the Lloyd's Mats I ordered: Luxe for front & rear, RubberTite for frunk & footwell. The footwell mat was only $60 from AutoAnything.com. The Tesla branded ones will probably hold more mud/water/goop, as the RubberTite ones don't have a lip around the edge. These RubberTite mats appear to be cut out of a large roll of molded silicone plastic. But I think the "pits" in them that make a honeycomb pattern will do quite well holding the rain & snow we get here in the high desert. And the nubs on the back should keep them in place well.

image.jpg

And thankfully, they'll have some time to out gas before my S arrives.

5. alset

alset Member

The off-gassing on the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats is horrendous. Mine are 3 months old and are only now abating. Store them somewhere warm with air movement ahead of getting the car (e.g. need your furnace) and plan on airing out the car when you can.

I've had WeatherTech All Weather mats in the past in a BMW X5 and had no issues at all so I can strongly recommend them without having tried them in the Tesla.

6. BryanW

Yes, I have the all weather frunk mat, and that back does list MacNeil Automotive (weathertech) as the maker.

7. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I really hope they offer the footwell separately, as I have no need for the full trunk. I have the Frunk all-weather and I like that alot, and would also like front and rear all-weathers.

8. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Thanks for noticing this Bryan!

Just ordered the trunk set... Waiting for the interior set (front and back) to order!

Aaron

9. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

You're not kidding! I just went back out to the garage, and the funk is evident. I hung them up to see if that will help. The radiant heat furnace is in the garage, unfortunately near the entry to the house, so the mats are hung on far end. But the garage should be between 40°F & 75°F the next few weeks, as long as we don't get a winter storm like the beginning of April 2012.

Anyway, sorry to go a bit OT. I just wanted to mention that the RubberTite footwell mat is available from AutoAnything for $60 by itself, no need to buy anything else (but the Luxe mats are quite nice).

10. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

OK, do the Tesla Store ones have the same level of gas funk? I hope not. I don't have a place in my condo to leave them air out. And I will want something for the interior, trunk, and frunk.

11. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I have the Tesla Frunk one, and it didn't smell bad at all when I took it out of the box. Of course the Frunk is mostly isolated from the main cabin, so even if there was a smell I wouldn't notice it nearly as much.

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'm trying to wait for the interior mats (and avoid more shipping costs), but the frunk and trunk mats are tempting! I guess I could just get them for now since the messy season is coming to an end and the smelly rubbertites can handle it from here.

13. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

No gas with these. I installed the Frunk one and there is almost no odor. I have the rear one on order also.

14. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Cool. Good to know. Looks like I'll be ordering those.

15. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

image.jpg

Here's the frunk mat with lighting upgrade.

16. BryanW

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Cool, would be nice to only get the trunk bit for those of us without the seats!

18. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I agree it would be nice. I called the local service center and asked and was told it was not possible.

19. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I suppose you could buy the whole set, then sell the footwell piece to someone who needs it.

20. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

To those who have ordered the mats: how long between order and receipt of them? Probably going to order mine in anticipation of the car's delivery to make sure I have them day 1, whenever that may be :)