Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Shop:All-Weather Model S Trunk Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BryanW

R#664, Model S#1526
Jun 3, 2012
Utah
The all weather trunk set is now up in the shop...

It doesn't have an option for just getting the footwell liner. As I have the rear facing child seats, I don't need that large trunk mat, just the footwell liner.
I've emailed ownership to ask how we can order just the footwell liner, but haven't heard back yet.

FedEx just delivered the Lloyd's Mats I ordered: Luxe for front & rear, RubberTite for frunk & footwell. The footwell mat was only $60 from AutoAnything.com. The Tesla branded ones will probably hold more mud/water/goop, as the RubberTite ones don't have a lip around the edge. These RubberTite mats appear to be cut out of a large roll of molded silicone plastic. But I think the "pits" in them that make a honeycomb pattern will do quite well holding the rain & snow we get here in the high desert. And the nubs on the back should keep them in place well.

image.jpg

And thankfully, they'll have some time to out gas before my S arrives.

FedEx just delivered the Lloyd's Mats I ordered: Luxe for front & rear, RubberTite for frunk & footwell. The footwell mat was only $60 from AutoAnything.com. The Tesla branded ones will probably hold more mud/water/goop, as the RubberTite ones don't have a lip around the edge. These RubberTite mats appear to be cut out of a large roll of molded silicone plastic. But I think the "pits" in them that make a honeycomb pattern will do quite well holding the rain & snow we get here in the high desert. And the nubs on the back should keep them in place well.
And thankfully, they'll have some time to out gas before my S arrives.

The off-gassing on the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats is horrendous. Mine are 3 months old and are only now abating. Store them somewhere warm with air movement ahead of getting the car (e.g. need your furnace) and plan on airing out the car when you can.

I've had WeatherTech All Weather mats in the past in a BMW X5 and had no issues at all so I can strongly recommend them without having tried them in the Tesla.

The all weather trunk set is now up in the shop...

It doesn't have an option for just getting the footwell liner. As I have the rear facing child seats, I don't need that large trunk mat, just the footwell liner.
I've emailed ownership to ask how we can order just the footwell liner, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for noticing this Bryan!

Just ordered the trunk set... Waiting for the interior set (front and back) to order!

Aaron

The off-gassing on the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats is horrendous. Mine are 3 months old and are only now abating. Store them somewhere warm with air movement ahead of getting the car (e.g. need your furnace) and plan on airing out the car when you can.

You're not kidding! I just went back out to the garage, and the funk is evident. I hung them up to see if that will help. The radiant heat furnace is in the garage, unfortunately near the entry to the house, so the mats are hung on far end. But the garage should be between 40°F & 75°F the next few weeks, as long as we don't get a winter storm like the beginning of April 2012.

Anyway, sorry to go a bit OT. I just wanted to mention that the RubberTite footwell mat is available from AutoAnything for $60 by itself, no need to buy anything else (but the Luxe mats are quite nice).

I'm trying to wait for the interior mats (and avoid more shipping costs), but the frunk and trunk mats are tempting! I guess I could just get them for now since the messy season is coming to an end and the smelly rubbertites can handle it from here.