Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Shop:All-Weather Model S Trunk Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the frunk and trunk all weather mats and received shipping notification today.
If anyone needs the rear footwell all weather mat (you have the rear jump seats), I'm probably willing to sell it if you are in the greater Boston area, Tesla has it for $70 now on the site (plus shipping), I'll sell it locally with no shipping charge.. PM me, thanks.

Just got my trunk set delivered yesterday. It took about 4 days to get here from ordering BTW. Looks like it's not WeatherTech but manufactured by "MacNeil Automotive Products. Ltd.

I'm a little disappointed with the quality and the fit of the two mats. Both the trunk and well mats don't fully cover the carpet and the main trunk doesn't really sit well with the well cover...

Tesla-Trunk_mat.jpg
Tesla-Trunk-Mat-Label.jpg

Just got my trunk set delivered yesterday. It took about 4 days to get here from ordering BTW. Looks like it's not WeatherTech but manufactured by "MacNeil Automotive Products. Ltd.

I'm a little disappointed with the quality and the fit of the two mats. Both the trunk and well mats don't fully cover the carpet and the main trunk doesn't really sit well with the well cover...

Can you get a photo of the footwell mat in-place? Thanks.

Probably not the best place to ask, so forgive me...

Can someone confirm what mats, if any, ship with a production (not sig) Model S? Is it 'none'? I thought I recall people having mats on due bill or getting them with cars.

I am about to order a full set:
- premium front and rear seat areas
- premium trunk/footwell
- all weather frunk

Is that what I'll need on a new production model S? Or does it already come with some? I want to have them day 1 with my S, whic may be arriving some time in mid-April...

Joepruitt - Thanks for the picture and the honest account of your disappointment. I was about to pull the trigger on those matts and would have been similarly disappointed. The gap on the right and left of the matts and side of trunk area is pretty rookie manufacturing. I had a 2012 535 and had these matts everywhere and they fit so perfectly. I don't expect Tesla to have every aftermarket product just yet (focus on the cars and the company - better production, sales, pick up, etc. - that's what we're all rooting for here I assume), but at least only release stuff that is high quality. I'm extra disappointed that these matts appeared to be produced by WeatherTech - the company that had been mentioned on previous threads as having laser measured the model s and was planning to sell these perfectly fitting matts. Bummer. Thus far, the only matts I have seen that are truly polished - fit, finish, etc. - are the ones that Dr Taras (See below) and the quote on those was $1000. Also, I wish the Tesla emblem was smaller and a bit off-center, particularly for the driver's side matt, as I am sure your heel is going to untangle those threads. Still - those appear to be the best of the bunch, for non-weather-proof matts. Bummer.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/14877-Dr-Taras-Model-S-gets-customized!/page3

Joepruitt - Thanks for the picture and the honest account of your disappointment. I was about to pull the trigger on those matts and would have been similarly disappointed. The gap on the right and left of the matts and side of trunk area is pretty rookie manufacturing. I had a 2012 535 and had these matts everywhere and they fit so perfectly.

Any chance the size problem is related to whether or not the Sound Studio package is included? I seem to recall on another thread (looking for it) that the sub woofer was located on the passenger side which affected the trunk width?

Any chance the size problem is related to whether or not the Sound Studio package is included? I seem to recall on another thread (looking for it) that the sub woofer was located on the passenger side which affected the trunk width?

The subwoofer is in a box that eliminates the hole on the passenger's side. It doesn't appear to affect the floor width (Mine is out getting paint armour so I just look--real Model S withdraw symptoms here.)

I received the Tesla Premium Mats today - gotta say, I really like them. They feel very good quality and no offensive odors. Arguably, they should have been included (esp with Sigs) in the first place, but they really look great.

I also received the WeatherTech frunk and trunks mats - again, I'm very pleased. The frunk mat fits perfectly; I understand the comments about the trunk mat not going all the way to the sides at the very rear but that actually assists when you need to lift it to get to the hidden footwell (pointed out by my wife!).

If anyone wants pics, let me know and I'll post here.