Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shop delivery delays ....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - thread renamed for clarity from "Shop delivery delays ...."

Ordered a replacement keycard on Saturday (9/1) from the online shop. Usual order invoice and confirmation came through promptly enough. I haven't received the card yet or any tracking information. I have previously ordered a few bits which came through DHL from Holland and I am assuming that will be the case again.

I'll probably drop Tesla a note if it doesn't arrive within a week (not urgently needed) but wondered if anyone had experienced delays? I know a couple of shipping firms have temporarily halted UK bound deliveries (DPD and DB Schenker) and wonder whether the increased paperwork may be causing problems here.

I'll update if I here anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered a replacement keycard on Saturday (9/1) from the online shop. Usual order invoice and confirmation came through promptly enough. I haven't received the card yet or any tracking information. I have previously ordered a few bits which came through DHL from Holland and I am assuming that will be the case again.

I'll probably drop Tesla a note if it doesn't arrive within a week (not urgently needed) but wondered if anyone had experienced delays? I know a couple of shipping firms have temporarily halted UK bound deliveries (DPD and DB Schenker) and wonder whether the increased paperwork may be causing problems here.

I'll update if I here anything.

i have ordered a few bits from the shop before you and no sign of anything yet!

I expect the additional paperwork and admin needed by the sender and the courier is adding to the delays.
We regularly import from Germany and normally get a 2 to 3 day service overland with UPS.

So far this year we're getting 7 plus days for good to arrive, with additional paperwork and delays at the ports being the main reasons.

I would still expect you to have a tracking number though.

I ordered the free mudguards on 18th of December. they were shipped on the 18th then DHL returned them back to Eindhoven on 21st and I have heard nothing since. They have not responded to emails. Although this was before new year I am assuming it is somehow Brexit related?

BREXIT customs issues maybe!
probably . I have also heard stories that although we have a tariff free deal with EU that only applies to items made in the EU/UK so if items are made in China then shipped into the UK then a retailer sells them into the EU then the EU is effectively missing out on the import duty for that item from China since it is being paid to the UK instead who are not in the EU.
I assume that works all ways around so if Tesla are shipping foreign made items in to the UK from the EU there may be duty to pay based on the country of origin? and more complex paperwork

The UK store is now warning 'Delivery may be delayed due to new customs procedures'

customs-delays.jpg

My tracking info went live a week ago today, and shows "Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL" (at DHL Birmingham). This is for a wall connector that I need for an installation appointment this week. I've tried contacting Tesla in every way I can find (e.g. email, online chat, phone call to parts, phone call to sales, phone call to service), but it's always somebody else's problem unfortunately. Can anybody advise how I might best resolve this? I suspect the online store email address is the "best" way, but I've emailed them three times (every couple of days basically) and have yet to get a response.