Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Shop experience is awful now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have others had trouble buying anything from the Tesla Shop recently? In the past I'd have my orders shipped quickly and, at least when things were in stock, it was a relatively pleasant experience.

My UMC failed, so I had to order a new one. It turns out the service centers do not carry UMCs or adapters anymore. I called the 4 closest without any luck. I had the original, so also had to order all new adapters to go with the new one. I ordered 6 items in total, and everything shipped one item per package. I got 6 tracking numbers, but only 5 shipped. The last still has FedEx waiting for the package. That was over 5 weeks ago.

You can't talk to a real person on the phone about a Tesla Shop order. They direct you to their email address. I emailed 2 weeks ago. Today I got a response that my order was delivered and that I should file a claim with FedEx. Well yes, 5 of the items were delivered. But I still want that last item I paid for over a month ago!

So do I now start another 2 week customer service cycle? It's a good thing I don't need this particular adapter daily or I'd have been unable to charge this whole time.

took about 4-5 weeks to get a Wall Connector. High demand items right now because of the influx of model 3s. The shop is fairly quick on other stuff.
It blows my mind that they are still so backordered on the black wall connectors with Musk's signature on them from the referral program. It's just a plastic face plate change. I'm still waiting on one from June 2018. And I did check with them in July, and they said about another 60-90 days.

Reactions: GreenT
Tesla Shop experience was awful the last time I tried to buy something (a paint touch up kit). I’ve posted my experience in another thread. They took the money from my credit card account. I got an email saying it had shipped. But there was no tracking number. I tried emailing (there are no options to call). I got a canned response saying that I would hear back. Nothing. No goods delivered. No response to my email. This all occurred the middle of June. Finally I disputed the charge. My credit card company said it would be the middle of August until I heard back from them. I’m still waiting.....