Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Shop - How To Contact (Wall Connector)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to contact the Tesla Shop ? I'm getting no replies from their email address.

I ordered a Silver Wall Connector (over six weeks ago !) and have since heard nothing (other than their prompt charge to my CC!).

The Silver item is now out of stock (it wasn't when I ordered it !) and I believe is actually obsolete - superseded by the new White one.

I'm worried that my (paid for) order is now sitting in order limbo - waiting for a re-stocking that will never happen.

I would like to find out if they intend to (eventually) fulfil my order - or if I need to cancel and re-order a White one.

From my experience there is no one other than the email address to help! I’ve tried Live Chat and over the phone but all say they can’t help and to contact through the onlineordersEMEA email.

Very frustrating as I ordered a Key Fob on the 23rd April and have had no update. The item now shows on the store as out of stock and it seems like it’ll be a long wait for any kind of tracking etc to come through.

Sorry I can’t be of more help…they definitely need more service options for the Shop!

I tried it. That email address is no longer in use.

It's a bit odd - I feel like I am shouting into a vacuum.

onlineordersEMEA just keeps sending the auto-response "Thank you for contacting Tesla Online Orders. We have received your request and will respond as swiftly as possible." and orderpartsuk similarly sends "PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INBOX IS NO LONGER OPERATIONAL".

There MUST be some email address or phone number for the UK online shop - surely ?!?

OP here. Tesla finally replied. It only took a month !

They have unilaterally cancelled my order - so I guess I was right ... there are no more Silver Wall Connectors.

Presumably I'll have to order a White one - when they eventually come into stock.

I'm cheesed off because I sited the power in my new garage to be right next to the car - and 1.25m off the ground (so the 2.5m cable won't touch the floor when stowed). Now I'm going to be stuck with a 7m cable cluttering up the place.

Get your Sparky to cut it short.
I assumed that the lead would be "captive" to the wall unit ... or at least "factory terminated" with appropriate connectors.

Given that normal usage would involve a sustained 30A current I'm not sure that cutting off the "official" terminations and just wiring in the bare ends is all that safe.

Unless a qualified electrician wants to put me right ...

I am a qualified industrial electrician and have the Tesla older wall connectors that I installed myself.
The worst a sparky will face is to crimp new lugs on to the cables although most will terminate in to terminals. Terminating a 30 amp cable will not worry any competent electrician., after all they are terminating the same sized supply to the wall connector.
It was only a suggestion and a quick look inside will confirm.

Reactions: YorkshireBrew
I am a qualified industrial electrician and have the Tesla older wall connectors that I installed myself.
The worst a sparky will face is to crimp new lugs on to the cables although most will terminate in to terminals. Terminating a 30 amp cable will not worry any competent electrician., after all they are terminating the same sized supply to the wall connector.
It was only a suggestion and a quick look inside will confirm.
Good to know.

Thanks Rusty !

OP here to put this to bed.

The online shop email reply suggested that I try a Service Centre. A nice young man at the Leeds SC told me that stock was a problem there too - but he took my details and said he would let me know when anything changed.

As good as his word, he emailed me on Monday to say that the new "white" chargers were in stock at the online shop. I ordered at 11am on Monday and at 3pm on Tuesday a DHL guy handed me my prize.

Now that's a decent (albeit expected) level of service.

A quick inspection shows that the charging cable is very captive to the wall unit ... and the connecting point doesn't appear to be user-accessible. I don't think that it can be shortened without invalidating the warrantee.