Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Shop tricked me into keeping the pet liner I ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only half kidding. I impulse bought the liner but canceled it the next day. A few days later I still hadn’t gotten a confirmation email (the order says Canceled in my account) so I emailed the shop. The next day I got a shipping confirmation. :rolleyes: It’s been sitting unopened while I waited for Tesla’s reply, but had to bring my pup somewhere today so I said fug it and installed.
The door covers don’t fit 100% but I’m not that concerned. However they do not stay in place with repeated door openings. I think the liner itself fits better than the average generic liner you can find on Amazon, and I like the soft couch-like material for my old man.
67CDDC8E-1828-46C3-BD71-F49ECB23EBAC.jpeg

Attachments

• 39014B85-8F9C-48DF-9B8A-32F1E8F34A7B.jpeg
    39014B85-8F9C-48DF-9B8A-32F1E8F34A7B.jpeg
    499.2 KB · Views: 447
  • 39E2B632-1A79-4443-A2C6-B7273BBE2F1F.jpeg
    39E2B632-1A79-4443-A2C6-B7273BBE2F1F.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 274
  • F89735A6-66E0-4650-B672-06E8FAD62122.jpeg
    F89735A6-66E0-4650-B672-06E8FAD62122.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 272
I like the pet liner, but I had to add a non-slip rug pad under it because the dog was sliding all over the place LOL

@phayze one The door liners are coming off because the window tabs aren't pushed in all the way. I had to use a plastic tool to push the tab deep into the window channel until the bent part of the tab cleared the window seal. Once I did that all the tabs are staying put

Reactions: tm3lrawd
I like the pet liner, but I had to add a non-slip rug pad under it because the dog was sliding all over the place LOL

@phayze one The door liners are coming off because the window tabs aren't pushed in all the way. I had to use a plastic tool to push the tab deep into the window channel until the bent part of the tab cleared the window seal. Once I did that all the tabs are staying put
How were they sliding? It was still happening even though you push those plastic pipe things through the seat (between the seat and back portion)? That should keep the front to back sliding down to a minimum.

How were they sliding? It was still happening even though you push those plastic pipe things through the seat (between the seat and back portion)? That should keep the front to back sliding down to a minimum.
The backing on the liner doesn't grip the seat. It's slick so the dog slides all over the place. The pipes in the seat back keep the rear in place but there's nothing to hold the front or sides

$15 anti slip mat did the trick

The backing on the liner doesn't grip the seat. It's slick so the dog slides all over the place. The pipes in the seat back keep the rear in place but there's nothing to hold the front or sides

Got it, I've never noticed any sliding but maybe because I'm not looking back there. Could also be because I'm not subjecting them to as many Gs as you are! 🏎️💨

Really glad for thank you. And for those of you not experiencing this, maybe dog weight? Mine weigh 72 and 32 lbs and slip a lot, and I drive very gently to minimize their discomfort.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Anyone have trouble with their windows after installing the pet liner. Our drivers side rear window stopped opening/closing properly, which was especially problematic when opening/closing the door. Treated calibration didn’t help. Tesla tried calibrating it in service mode and it failed so they replaced the window regulator but it started happening again almost immediately. I have another service appointment scheduled for next week.

Really glad for thank you. And for those of you not experiencing this, maybe dog weight? Mine weigh 72 and 32 lbs and slip a lot, and I drive very gently to minimize their discomfort.
Sorry just revisiting this and did we already discuss making sure the anchor (pipe piece) is secured in your seat?
Anyone have trouble with their windows after installing the pet liner. Our drivers side rear window stopped opening/closing properly, which was especially problematic when opening/closing the door. Treated calibration didn’t help. Tesla tried calibrating it in service mode and it failed so they replaced the window regulator but it started happening again almost immediately. I have another service appointment scheduled for next week.
I’ve not had this happen and used it in two vehicles. My old MY and a rental M3. Although I rarely open the rear windows and just use the HVAC but it’s always working when the doors open, etc.

Not sure what could be causing the issue? The tabs gripping the window and causing resistance when it’s being rolled down? But then if they were that grippy the door liners would always pop up/out when you rolled the windows up (after being down)?