Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla should increase X75D 0-60 time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was limited by the inverter as well as battery pack size. As in the inverter has a maximum wh/sec it can put out and the faster builds have a higher maximum. I don't think this is a software throttle.

He 75 kWh batty have lower voltage then the 90 kWh battery wish is the reason for slower acceleration.

Is it realistically difficult to tune these aspects to bring it up?

Reactions: BLKMDL3
If the base M3 can do 0-60 in 5.6s, then Tesla should remove the limiter on the X75D to make it quicker. Not necessarily 90 or 100 quick, but drop a half second off at least. OTA update.

By increase, I mean make the base MX quicker.

So, by increase, you mean decrease?

Model X75D curb weight: 5,178lb, 0-60mph: 5.5s
Model 355 0-60mph: 5.6s ~=> curb weight: ~= 5178 x (5.6/5.5) x (55/75) = 3,866.24

I think that Tesla won't do that, because physics.

• Helpful
Reactions: BLKMDL3
It was confirmed to me that the slower acceleration is a software limitation (by a service advisor in Bethesda). Plus you can clearly feel it. 0-20 is slow compared to 20-60. Brooks from DragTimes also confirmed it. I would agree to the 90 and 100 getting a boost as well.

Tesla doesn't make slow cars. Why would they have a $100k car accelerate slower than a $35k car? Especially if it is just a marketing ploy utilizing a software limitation. Makes no sense. Elon will come to his senses.

• Disagree
Reactions: diesel and BLKMDL3
So, by increase, you mean decrease?

Model X75D curb weight: 5,178lb, 0-60mph: 5.5s
Model 355 0-60mph: 5.6s ~=> curb weight: ~= 5178 x (5.6/5.5) x (55/75) = 3,866.24

I think that Tesla won't do that, because physics.
Has nothing to do with curb weight - you're stuck in ICE physics mode. Plus you're comparing a single motor to a dual motor. It's a software limitation.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Long time discssuion on S already. It is a voltage issue for the 70/75 and is limited to not overdraw the available less # cells in those cars. The 90D has 7109 cells to draw power from versus only 5917 cells in 75D.

The 100D of course has same battery as P100D but in that case it's a physically larger motor in rear.

Long time discssuion on S already. It is a voltage issue for the 70/75 and is limited to not overdraw the available less # cells in those cars. The 90D has 7109 cells to draw power from versus only 5917 cells in 75D.

The 100D of course has same battery as P100D but in that case it's a physically larger motor in rear.
Then why does the 100 accelerate at the same speed as the 90. I'm a broken record: software limitation.

IMG_0660.jpg
Let's hope for a response!

Reactions: voltaren