Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla should stop wasting $100s on Uber credits and offer customers the choice to wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what I did last time when I need my MCU programmes so I can enable unlock through my app. It took maybe 2 hours, I just sat myself down in the longe, opened my laptop to do some work and took a few breaks talking to potential customers at the showroom. They did offer me Uber credits but I just declined it.

Has anyone had any luck trying to get them to service the car while you wait? Wish this was an explicit option on the App so you can schedule same-day service while you wait.

I need to schedule a service appointment and I'm dreading that they will needlessly keep my car for days when I prefer to take the car in and wait for them to work on the car and drive my car back home.

The whole text message thing with the service center is utterly broken. It's miserable as they they barely reply and when they do, you'd be lucky to get an answer to the question or concern you raised :(

Repair shops usually don't work that way. If you get a slot, then there is high probability that they will start to work during that slot. If there is something that they need, then they are at the shipping and availability gods mercy.
But if they can get it done in time, they will do it. They should let you know how long it is expected and work with you. You can wait if you want, but they aren't going to put your car at the top of the list because you wait.
I had to have a roof glass replaced a month ago. We dropped off in the morning, they said it would take about 6 hours (glue needed to dry) and we picked back up that evening. Sure, we could have waited.

Repair shops usually don't work that way. If you get a slot, then there is high probability that they will start to work during that slot. If there is something that they need, then they are at the shipping and availability gods mercy.
But if they can get it done in time, they will do it. They should let you know how long it is expected and work with you. You can wait if you want, but they aren't going to put your car at the top of the list because you wait.
I had to have a roof glass replaced a month ago. We dropped off in the morning, they said it would take about 6 hours (glue needed to dry) and we picked back up that evening. Sure, we could have waited.

Repair shops certainly work that way.

When I had my Mercedes, I'd take the car in the morning, and they actually had little office cubicles for customers to work and I'd just work there for the day and drive my car back home. This way I'm not wasting time making an extra trip to pick up the car, and I'm not wasting the delareship's money and resources on Uber credits and loaners.

It's a shame they've made it difficult to wait for minor service appointments. They outright seem to discourage that based on the text messages with my local Service Center :(

I avoid going to the service center. I have a couple of issues like the shudder on hard acceleration and a few other in my new car but have no motivation to go to the service center. I guess their method works in a way of profit for them.

Has anyone had any luck trying to get them to service the car while you wait? Wish this was an explicit option on the App so you can schedule same-day service while you wait.
Yes but you and Tesla has to be pretty sure what the problem is they are going to be fixing and also make sure any expected parts are on hand and set aside with your name on it. This requires a dialog with Tesla and that seems to be the missing link nowadays.

Recently I used the Mobile App to explain how a given problem was a repeat and what the resolution should be and a scheduler actually called me to discuss. They then made sure the part was ordered and would be at my SC before my arrival tagged for my car.

You also need to make sure you are one of the first few appointments of the day otherwise you will just get overrun. And yes, take your laptop and be prepared to enjoy watching all of the service center staff go nuts with the chaos that comes in behind you. :)

Yes but you and Tesla has to be pretty sure what the problem is they are going to be fixing and also make sure any expected parts are on hand and set aside with your name on it. This requires a dialog with Tesla and that seems to be the missing link nowadays.

Recently I used the Mobile App to explain how a given problem was a repeat and what the resolution should be and a scheduler actually called me to discuss. They then made sure the part was ordered and would be at my SC before my arrival tagged for my car.

You also need to make sure you are one of the first few appointments of the day otherwise you will just get overrun. And yes, take your laptop and be prepared to enjoy watching all of the service center staff go nuts with the chaos that comes in behind you. :)

Nonexistent communication is really the root cause for service being so miserable these days.

Lack of communication with customers leads to zero accountability. If customers have no way to reach you other than send text messages on an app that can be easily ignored it sets up a system that is indifferent to customers by design.