Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla showroom coming to Sarasota.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HAHA, so the Sarasota term from "Progressive" is 20 KW at best. We in Tampa call progressive 120 KW !

Hi Joe,

Very true, at Tampa you will be able to charge faster, but our amenities will be unrivaled and you will want to hang around for a slow charge! :tongue::wink:

Seriously, as I mentioned earlier I think this location will be excellent for a Supercharger location in the future when congestion becomes an issue. Right now of course it is located too close to the Tampa Supercharger.

Larry

Does any one know the exact location in the parking lot where the chargers are located?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Here's a likely location.

A car of future at mall of today

A Model S will be available for test drives at the Mall at University Town Center. Tesla bought eight parking spots on the east end of the mall, closest to the main entrance near B&B Burger Joint and Kona Grill.

Larry

UTC Map.jpg

Larry

The mall had it's official opening ceremony last night and I'm happy to report that the Tesla HPWCs are operational.

About 100ft due east of the east entrance (right outside Kona Grill) there are 4 Tesla dedicated spots with HPWCs; there are also 4 clipper creek HCS-40s for charging at 32A. I forgot to check the amps on the HPWCs but I'm guessing high as those machines will also be used for the store cars and test drives out of Sarasota.The west parking was not open last night but one of the mall staff told me there are 8 more Clipper Creeks EVSEs on that side of the mall also. The mall is fantastic btw, with plenty of restaurants and places to hang out.

First car plugged in was VIN 282 :-D
111.jpg

Others arrived for opening night - Saw three Model S at the chargers and at least one other as we were leaving
222.jpg

You can see the clipper creek chargers here (no comment on how that other person parked their Model S though :frown:)
333.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The new store is gorgeous, and Tesla sent a few folks over from California and other places for marketing, sales and press interviews. (There's a VIP event at the store on Friday night also).

444.jpg

666.jpg

555.jpg

Larry, Thanks a lot for the posts and info. We'll be driving up on Friday in our home converted 1971 Porsche 914. The round trip from Ft Myers exceeds our max range so the Clipper Creek chargers will be mandatory.

Again, thanks.

Jim

I'm going to be in Miami on Friday, but I'm reliably informed that Larry will be there. :)

Tip: traffic into the mall is horrible already (volume of people trying to see it); if you're coming from the south I recommend taking I-75 exit 210 towards Sarasota and then turn right on Cattlemen Road at the second set of lights...that road takes you straight to the new mall.

According to my chargepoint app, there are 8 stalls in the west parking lot. Has anybody verified they are working? I'm not familiar with the clipper creek ones, are they tesla specific? I'll be driving my leaf down for tomorrow's event and won't be able to make it home without a charge... Oh the pains of having such limited range!
Thanks in advance for your help, looking forward to meeting everyone. My daughter is hoping to see a model X but I told her not to get her hopes up!

According to my chargepoint app, there are 8 stalls in the west parking lot. Has anybody verified they are working? I'm not familiar with the clipper creek ones, are they tesla specific? I'll be driving my leaf down for tomorrow's event and won't be able to make it home without a charge... Oh the pains of having such limited range!
Thanks in advance for your help, looking forward to meeting everyone. My daughter is hoping to see a model X but I told her not to get her hopes up!

The Clipper Creek chargers are universal J1772 chargers.

I would be very surprised if they were not operational. However, in the unlikely event they are not operational there is a nearby charger at the Lakewood Ranch Information Center. Here is the PlugShare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/5291

Larry

Last edited:
I'm going to be in Miami on Friday, but I'm reliably informed that Larry will be there. :)

Tip: traffic into the mall is horrible already (volume of people trying to see it); if you're coming from the south I recommend taking I-75 exit 210 towards Sarasota and then turn right on Cattlemen Road at the second set of lights...that road takes you straight to the new mall.

Sorry we'll miss you Fri. Thanks for the posts and the driving tip.

According to my chargepoint app, there are 8 stalls in the west parking lot. Has anybody verified they are working?

The 4 Clipper Creek chargers in the east lot were operational yesterday so I would assume that those in the west lot were powered up also. The units have standard J1772 plugs and do not require a card of any sort to activate I.e. They're free, just plug in and push the button.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that the Chargers Larry referenced are not walking distance from the mall and they require a Chargepoint card.

The mall had it's official opening ceremony last night and I'm happy to report that the Tesla HPWCs are operational.

About 100ft due east of the east entrance (right outside Kona Grill) there are 4 Tesla dedicated spots with HPWCs; there are also 4 clipper creek HCS-40s for charging at 32A. I forgot to check the amps on the HPWCs but I'm guessing high as those machines will also be used for the store cars and test drives out of Sarasota.

Hi Nigel,

I got a chance to try an HPWC at the Mall and check the amps. I was pulling about 79 amps at 202 volts for a charging rate of about 46 miles of rated range per hour.

Larry