TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Showroom/Gallery - Hingham MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by yobigd20, Nov 3, 2015.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I quick searched TMC and don't see mention of this anywhere yet.

per Town of Hingham Massachusetts, Incorporated 1635 I see for the zoning meeting on Monday November 16, 2015 includes a line for a Tesla Showroom/Gallery at the Derby Street Shoppes, 90 DERBY STREET.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

I thought Tesla could sell cars in Massachusetts after the court decision. If so, I wonder why is this being called a Tesla gallery and not a Tesla store? Galleries are the names for the Tesla establishments in states like Texas where they can't sell, discuss price, etc.

3. David29

David29 Member

Whether it is a gallery or store, I am surprised at how many Tesla seems to be opening.

4. skboston

skboston Member

Tesla needs to maintain demand, that's one way of doing it. I'm surprised as well to see that we'll have 3 stores + Dedham and Watertown as presence in the state.

5. tga

tga Active Member

I wish they'd hurry up and open a service center (possibly with showroom) in southern NH (ie, Nashua/Merrimack), for two reasons. It would be much easier for me to get to service vs dealing with the Dedham/Watertown traffic nightmares, plus I'm still concerned about MA sales tax as a (soon-to-be) NH resident.

Anytime a buyer takes delivery of a car in MA, MA expects to get sales tax, regardless of the buyer's state of residence or the ultimate state of registration. If you ever try to later register the car in MA, and they even suspect you took delivery in MA, they will try to extort back taxes and penalties out of you before letting you register. It's much cleaner to do the deal outside of MA if you aren't a MA resident...

6. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Only one thing to do... Road trip!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447257211.608161.jpg

Pick your car up in Fremont and drive across the country. I'm seriously considering doing that in my X next year depending on the timing.

7. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Makes perfect sense to me... They are opening showrooms in high income/net worth communities, Hingham, Back Bay (mall at Prudential Center).
    If your trying to sell $100K+ cars, you don't open stores in Brockton, Lynn, or Lawrence.

8. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

I'm just hoping for a location north or northwest of Boston.