TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Showroom Opens in Tysons Corner, VA!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by GatorEight, May 3, 2013.

1. GatorEight

GatorEight Member

Walked into the mall this morning and low and behold . . . the showroom is open! They have 2 sport performance models and a demo chasis on the floor. Lots of people stopping and looking in.... I spoke with a really nice rep named Muhammad (who drives an awesome M3) and he was very insightful. He says the showroom has been ready to open for a while but they've been very patient with the VA ruling and the mall management. Anyhow, enough talk, pics below. . .

va8.jpg va7.jpg va6.jpg va5.jpg va4.jpg va1.jpg va3.jpg va2.jpg

2. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Great to hear, thanks for the news! Get ready to see a lot more Model Ss around NoVa.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

3. GatorEight

GatorEight Member

some photoshop fun because I can't focus on work now. . .
    va9.jpg

4. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

That's great news. I love that that kid stopped and then managed to make his way into the store, the second man in the white shirt and the woman looking as they are walking by, and that other white-shirted man 'still' standing there like he's just not sure what he's seeing. :smile:

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Yay! I wonder if this means the issue with Tesla obtaining a "dealer's" license in VA has been resolved? It may just be that Tesla can't "sell" out of this store.

6. GatorEight

GatorEight Member

As of right now, it has not been resolved. They have window stickers on the cars but they won't discuss the pricing with you. They'll refer you online or to the DC store. Still though, amazing to see how many people stop and look, having never heard of the company before. Great exposure.

7. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Nice. Thanks for the update.

Looks like I'll be dropping by the store this weekend.

8. andrewket

Same here.

9. Lcaudle24

Lcaudle24 Member

You migh have a classic photo here!

10. andrewket

#10 andrewket, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    I stopped by today and chatted with Beau and Will. They received notice on Monday that they were going to open the store Friday. Needless to say it was a busy week for them.

Foot traffic in the store was excellent for a Saturday morning. They can't sell or discuss pricing because of the VA license issue. The cars that are there are from the DC store.

Beau confirmed the Tesla parking spaces and chargers are available for customer use. They just ask that you check in with the store. They only have roadster chargers right now, but should have adapters and an HPWC in a few weeks.

A ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688804.689078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688824.188184.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688840.707764.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688883.841153.jpg

Attached Files:

11. travelinglites

I was just at the mall yesterday and didn't realize they where open or I would have stopped by. Just picked my 60KWh last week in Rockville.

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

They've really changed the cutaway car. More beefy, less spindly. Battery below framework.

new

attachment.php?attachmentid=21352&d=1367593840.jpg
    attachment.php?attachmentid=21354&d=1367593841.jpg old
    Tesla_Motors_Model_S_base.jpg

13. MikeL

MikeL some guy

vfx beat me to it! No surprise, plus I can't seem to post photos from iPad anyway. There is A LOT more on that chassis than the only other one I've yet to see which was in Paramus NJ. One of the earliest stores, right? Don't quote me, but they also called their test drive S a "beater". (It was very nice.)

i sure hope some of those "we can't talk to you about buying a car" signs end up getting saved for the museum.

14. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

I was in the store yesterday and one of the advisors said that Tesla owners could move the cones and park at the Tesla charging spots despite not being able to charge the Model S there. Should have called and asked prior to my visit as that parking garage on a midday Saturday was a ZOO. There was massive foot traffic in and around the store just as George envisioned.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

15. Greg G

Greg G Member

I was there with my kids (and the Model S) on Saturday and it *was* a zoo. I went ahead and had the boys move the chains so we could park in peace (we didn't need to charge). Once in the mall, we let the staff at the store know and they were fine with that.

16. Treker56

Treker56 Member

Was there yesterday and parked in the garage. The chargers are Roadster chargers (not sure why they'd start with those) but the store said they have the Roadster to Model S converter on order and would be coming in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

17. andrewket

Model S and roadster can use roadster evse. Roadster can't use HPWC. Although I hear they have at least one HPWC on order too.

18. Amin

Amin Member

Since they can't sell, I guess they won't be able to deliver vehicles from there?

19. andrewket

Some pics from this evening. We went to see Star Trek and took advantage of the Tesla parking spots.

vubyqa2y.jpg ase2e3an.jpg

20. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Why in the world didn't they put in HPWCs instead of just Roadster chargers? Boggles the mind.