Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom Portland OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a phone call from Dara at the Tigard Service Center. The appointment i have for annual service on June 2nd needs to be rescheduled as they will be moving into the new "Waterfront Center" June 1 thru 5. I didn't ask specifically but it sure sounded as if Tigard will be moved in it's entirety to the new location.

• Informative
Reactions: melindav
Just received a phone call from Dara at the Tigard Service Center. The appointment i have for annual service on June 2nd needs to be rescheduled as they will be moving into the new "Waterfront Center" June 1 thru 5. I didn't ask specifically but it sure sounded as if Tigard will be moved in it's entirety to the new location.
That would be a bummer. When I picked up my car in December the DS thought Tigard would be closing. At my first service center visit in March they said Tigard would stay open. I guess we will find out soon enough.

the waterfront location is closer for me than Tigard (live in Vancouver, work in the central east side - so if I try can probably see the new location from my office), but was hoping they would keep the 72nd location in addition to the new one. for many people, I think that location would be much easier to get to and find (even if they had outgrown the business park).

The social event was very cool and well done. Nice to see the new facility all ready to go. It's not open as they are wrapping everything up and moving in this weekend. It was very cool to see a pristine white roadster and meet lots of other owners. The best part was driving up to the valet stand and every car in the lot was a Tesla! :)

Reactions: bonnie
The social event was very cool and well done. Nice to see the new facility all ready to go. It's not open as they are wrapping everything up and moving in this weekend. It was very cool to see a pristine white roadster and meet lots of other owners. The best part was driving up to the valet stand and every car in the lot was a Tesla! :)
How did you get an invite?

To be fair, I can understand why Tigard is closing. Last time I had to do some servicing, the parking lot (which is shared with 6 or 7 other tenants) was completely full. They had Teslas triple parked. I like the location, but they needed to own the entire lot, not just 2 spaces.

Ahhh, that was my Roadster with its last public appearance. It's on it's way to its new owner in the Bay area. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Reactions: Off Shore
Oh no! I was hoping to see it again some time! Yeah, it was super cool to see it and it looked fantastic. Lucky new owner :) I also met the guy with the red "504" Roadster, who happens to live less than a mile from me! The Roadster was the first Tesla I saw in a youtube video of it drifting and going very quickly...from that day on I wanted one! The Model S is very fun, but I do hope one day Tesla makes a two seater sports car.

Ahhh, that was my Roadster with its last public appearance. It's on it's way to its new owner in the Bay area. I'm glad you liked it. :)
Wow, coolness. I was in Portland during that time, but was at a concert the night of the 31st. I did go down to that store on Macadam on Friday June 2nd, and I was able to look in the windows and see the Roadster, but that was as close as I could get, since it was in that area they had closed off and couldn't let me back there.

We went to the grand opening. My SO was a little concerned about having to valet the car, but I pointed out, there was several million dollars worth of cars there. I'm sure Tesla didn't hire dodgy valets. They ended up parking my car in front between two handicapped spots.

We weren't there long, my SO had a headache all day and the lights combined with the crowd was pushing it into migraine territory. She did love looking at Bonnie's old Roadster though, it was the first time she had gotten a chance to look at one up close (we saw one briefly at the service center once). She likes sports cars and the only thing she doesn't like about my car is the size. She thinks the Model Y might be about right for her, she hopes it isn't too big or too weird.

I wasn't 100% sure it was Bonnie's old Roadster, but with the CA HOV sticker and I knew Bonnie had just gotten her X, I thought it was a safe bet.

The new service center is more convenient for those of us in Clark County, though it's still a bit of a hike from the east county. I've heard rumors there will be a second service center in the PDX area, I'm hoping it will be in Vancouver, but I'd settle for SE Portland. They are going to have to do something to service all the Model 3s when they start getting delivered. The grand opening event demonstrated the new service center can get overwhelmed too. Get a decent percentage of the existing Portland area fleet in one place and they have a serious parking problem.

The demographics of the current ownership is heavily weighted towards the western and southern sides of Portland, but that will change when the Model 3 hits the market. SE Portland has a lot of people who probably fit the initial Model 3 demographic: eco car people with middle class incomes. There are a lot of people in Clark County who want a Model 3 too. I know quite a few people who want a Tesla, but don't have the money for an S or X.