Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom Portland OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer, I was hoping for NW Yeon or in downtown. It's odd that they picked that location, there is not much down there. No real "foot traffic" and I was told they wanted visibility at a new location. I was pushing for the empty lot across from Monte Shelton Jaguar.

Reactions: SweetP
Last week there was a building permit and mechanical permit submitted as well (electrical permits are done separately by the electrical contractor). Based on my experience with Ptld, I'd expect we have until the fall before it'll be issued.
2016-196164-000-00-CO
2016-196167-000-00-MT

As an example of their amazing slowness, my office has a permit application currently waiting to be issued that all departments have signed off on, and the final step of the permit tech/clerk checking to make sure everything is coordinated and calculating the fee and filing their copy has taken over 3 weeks, coming up on 4. it used to take about 2 days max. this is typical of every step along the way...

Last week there was a building permit and mechanical permit submitted as well (electrical permits are done separately by the electrical contractor). Based on my experience with Ptld, I'd expect we have until the fall before it'll be issued.
2016-196164-000-00-CO
2016-196167-000-00-MT

As an example of their amazing slowness, my office has a permit application currently waiting to be issued that all departments have signed off on, and the final step of the permit tech/clerk checking to make sure everything is coordinated and calculating the fee and filing their copy has taken over 3 weeks, coming up on 4. it used to take about 2 days max. this is typical of every step along the way...

Wow, talk about getting in the way of progress. I can appreciate the need for permitting to ensure things are done properly but the permitting process shouldn't be any more difficult or time consuming than it absolutely has to be.

Anyway, it's going to be cool to have a proper, dedicated Tesla facility. I'm going to miss having a place to go hand out at Washington Square while my wife plays at Nordstrom. ;)

Do you think they are going to close the mall store?

It's so good for foot traffic.

I thought I had read in this threat somewhere that, as of last report, the plan was to close both the Washington Square Mall store and the Tigard Service Center. In an area with the EV awareness of Portland, maybe being in the mall is no longer necessary. Maybe it's much cheaper just to pay to put a car in the middle of the mall and tell folks where the showroom is. All I know is that I don't want to spend two hours watching shoe shopping and maybe I'm going to have to do that from now on.

Maybe it's much cheaper just to pay to put a car in the middle of the mall and tell folks where the showroom is.

They already do that in the Portland area, last time I was at Bridgeport Village they had a red P85D parked in the middle of the mall walk. Of course that's an easy location since it's basically across the street from the current service center.

Reactions: Lyon
image.jpeg

2016-196164-000-00-CO
2016-196167-000-00-MT

The building permit review is down to 7 outstanding department sign offs. 3 with corrections already submitted and 4 with checksheets still to be responded to.

• Informative
For those interested....
the building application is down to two outstanding sign-offs with updates submitted for both.
The mechanical application is ready, pending the building permit...
and an electrical application has not yet been submitted. A project my office is working on in Portland took just over 2 months for the electrical permit, so hope they get that submitted soon and don't assume it will be issued over the counter!

• Informative
Just a quick note, this may not actually be "Tesla Advertising", the land the billboard is on is adjacent to the location of the building. It might be possible that Tesla purchased the sign/billboard along with the purchase (I assume?) of the property. I also walked around the property today, and there does not seem to be any work done. However it is a great location, very large and with plenty of bays for cars and the back lot could be used for car storage.

Attachments

• 20161022_132715.jpg
    20161022_132715.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20161022_132754.jpg
    20161022_132754.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20161022_141638.jpg
    20161022_141638.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57