Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom Portland OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Permit was issued a week or two ago, so yesterday I drove by the Portland site and it did not appear to have any construction activity going on yet. Even with the majority of the work to be interior, I would expect to see some waste containers, construction fencing, etc but all looked quiet and untouched.
Also, the driveway down to the site is a significant drop off Macadam, with no access from Bancroft or Moody (could see adding a Moody driveway though). My 5-speed's clutch would not be happy coming back up the site's driveway, so went down the Moody access road instead which is still steep, but at least you can see the pavement as you turn onto it ;)

They really need two service centers in Portland by now. It was a 3+ week wait for an annual service, and now with the snow I asked if I could move it into next week. Nope. Next available date is second week in January.
I just took mine in this morning, I think they are constrained by space in the current location more than anything else. The new location should take care of that...at least for a little bit.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I should add that my service experience there his past week was great.
Mine too, they did a great job especially given the weather conditions this week. It's funny to see the masses of Teslas parked everywhere imaginable all over the business park, they had to run down the block to find my loaner. Big change from two years ago when you could barely tell where the service center was.

Took this pic today. It's in a weird spot on the waterfront. I heard they are moving in 6 weeks and that the Tigard SC is going to stay open as well.

IMG_3769.JPG

Stopped by today and snapped a few pics. Looks like the finishing touches! PGE was there doing electrical work. No real sign of a Super Charger, but there is large pad just to the left of those PGE trucks that looks like it would be for the transformer, and it would make sense to have 8-10 stalls right there along the side of the building. This is just as you enter from the main entrance as well, so they would be front and center if they are putting one there. As you can see from the exterior shot, there is also a huge amount of space in the back of the building they could use to locate one there. Overall, it's going to be a fantastic space and location!
20170504_185101835_iOS.jpg
20170504_185103837_iOS.jpg
20170504_185132634_iOS.jpg
20170504_185134970_iOS.jpg
20170504_185137038_iOS.jpg
20170504_185038247_iOS.jpg
20170504_185341828_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
There are no permits for this site that would cover Superchargers, so think any work PGE is doing there is for the building itself.
Also, this area requires any exterior changes to go back thru Design Review, so it is a lengthy process (submit application, issue notices, public meeting, waiting period, record documents with the county, etc) so if they wanted to add Superchargers within the next 6 months, they would have to have that in the works already.
The area on the river side of the building will remain gravel. If they were to pave this area, they would have to design an on-site stormwater treatment system, so understand why they opted to leave it unpaved. It will likely be used as overflow to store vehicles prior to delivery or waiting for service, but not everyday in/out traffic.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur and GHammer
I thought many service centers had private superchargers in the service area, for testing and delivery purposes? So maybe that's what you are seeing the transformers for.

Was this a newly built building, or a remodel of an existing one? Either way, a huge improvement!