Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla showroom & service center possibly coming to South Bend, IN area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news for Tesla owners in the South Bend/Mishawaka area. A "high-end" electric car maker is seeking approval for a showroom and service center in the old J.C. Penney's home store on Grape Road. All indications are it is Tesla. Still needs approval from the Mishawaka city council, but hopefully this goes through.

Story from South Bend Tribune

Update on this location... The Mishawaka City Council voted to approve the zoning changes to allow a "high-end electric automobile" company to open a showroom and service center. The project can now go ahead. There will also be 8 charging stations on site, but this location is about a quarter mile from the existing Supercharger at University Park Mall.

Story from South Bend Tribune

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
The exact address is 7207 Grape Road, Mishiwaka, Indiana
41.72648820633815, -86.18875395476105

This is great news. No more driving to Indy or Chicago for service. I couldn't be happier, and hope this gets completed quickly! It will serve a lot of Michigan as well.

The building has been empty for a long time. Not sure what type of stations will be installed, the attorney that presented at the plan commission meeting didn't have details. He did say there will be approximately 8 stalls. He was also under an NDA to not mention his client's name. It was pretty darn clear this is Tesla. The attorney called it, “high-end electric automobile, solar power and renewable energy” company.

Here's a link to the rendering delivered to the plan commission:

Article:

Plan Commission meeting:
Starts at about 5:20

I know this is a little old, but for anybody like me doing a search for how this SC is coming along. Apparently Tesla has pulled out. I can't figure out why as it's not they have enough service centers and there are lots and lots of Teslas in the area. We can only hope they found a better location close by.