Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shutting down Fremont factory beginning March 23rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... unless they can make ventilators, that is. ;)

Yes, keeping manufacturing open wasn't going to get very good press, and certainly wouldn't help stock prices. Right now nothing might help stock prices. But shutting down production is the right call and could save lives and further increases of illnesses, which is the only important consideration. Musk, being Musk, is always the contrarian. Seems like a deep think, or the law, took over in this situation.

• Disagree
Reactions: Evoforce
Prioritizing orders from outside is bad move. many of us who lived right next to theirs factory was not able to take delivery this month, and looks like it gonna be delayed longer. now we will have to go through loan again since it won't be valid after 30 days. this won't end well for Tesla. Piss off the neighbor is last thing to do if you want a smooth life.

I’m in Florida, supposed to get a March delivery and still waiting on a VIN. I’ve had the trade in and financing done for over two weeks and still waiting for a VIN.... I figure if out MY has not been “born yet”, which seems likely the case, that it’s getting to be highly unlikely that it will be born (with a VIN), make the trip on a truck across the country to Florida and have time to have the dealer prep done and be delivered to us before the end of March, as Tesla had originally anticipated. Seems like these first deliveries for March have not gone according to the original plan. Don’t think that shutting down the factory starting the last week of the month would have much effect for the deliveries that were “promised” in March because those cars would be, most likely, cars that would be delivered in April. Just my gut feeling that it’s not going as planned and many people who were promised March deliveries will disappointed.

The Governor of California just issued (3/19/2020) a Sheler-in-Place Order directing everyone to go to their homes/residences and stay there except for 16 essential sectors which includes most law. Enforcement, healthcare, food supply chain and utilities services. Not included are vehicle manufacturing, sales or servicing. This Order remains in place until further notice.

I gave tesla and Y enough wait, no more, they will probably start liquidate inventory soon. i will bite on model 3 performance when its on sale at factory (so many 3 stuck in fremont parking lot), since they can't get it out of ca anymore.

Last edited: