Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that was you too but couldn't remember your license plate # :)

That was the longest concert i've EVER been too! Great though :)

I know, right? I'm used to someone playing 80 maybe 90 mins. But they literally played for over 3 hours! Robert Smith's voice=still amazing The setlist

We were running late when we got there and didn't get a chance to take a photo of the mirrored Blue Teslas, bummer.

On Sat night (8/10), I saw 2929 charging on the Chargepoint in the Smith St. Municipal lot. I am 2928. It looked like my twin. If you are out there, do you have a Chargepoint acct? By any chance, was it the free card that they were distributing a few months ago? I got one of those, but haven't registered mine yet. Don't know how long or how many charges it is good for. Not too many Chargepoint chargers in Honolulu.

On Sat night (8/10), I saw 2929 charging on the Chargepoint in the Smith St. Municipal lot. I am 2928. It looked like my twin. If you are out there, do you have a Chargepoint acct? By any chance, was it the free card that they were distributing a few months ago? I got one of those, but haven't registered mine yet. Don't know how long or how many charges it is good for. Not too many Chargepoint chargers in Honolulu.

ChargePoint is a free account and doesn't have an expiration. the 6 city run ChargePoint chargers are "free".
Neal Blaisdell Center, Chinatown Gateway Plaza, Civic Center, Hale Pauahi, Honolulu Zoo, and Smith-Beretania Parking Structure.

The ChargePoint map shows ChargePoint chargers at Aulani (free), Waikele(?) and green energy outlet ($4/hr).
The map also shows 75 other non-ChargePoint network chargers

Our "Tesla and other EV Related Resources" thread has got url's to the different EV sites to register and collect information. If anyone has more info, post it there, and we will add it to the first reply of that thread.

Last edited:
vfx, We understand that. This thread is for sighting in Hawaii. Our way of keeping up with each other.
Also, what's cool about the Hawaii thread is that we all seem to support each other. Maybe it's that aloha spirit.

The regular TMC forum is not as consistently supportive, nice and friendly. It often is, but it can also be mean spirited and unkind. I hope our subform never degenerates into that. I am very proud to be a Hawaii Tesla owner.

There is a Model S sightings thread and a Roadster sightings thread.

vfx, We understand that. This thread is for sighting in Hawaii. Our way of keeping up with each other.

Also, what's cool about the Hawaii thread is that we all seem to support each other. Maybe it's that aloha spirit.

The regular TMC forum is not as consistently supportive, nice and friendly. It often is, but it can also be mean spirited and unkind. I hope our subform never degenerates into that. I am very proud to be a Hawaii Tesla owner.

Ahh. State by state threads are needed!

vfx, yes, very good idea. I hope Doug is monitoring us and takes that idea to the next level.

I sent Nigel a pm to see if he could make the change to the titles.

----------- Update --------

Got a note back from Nigel saying that he doesn't have permission to edit the titles in our section. but he did forward the request for action.

Last edited:
When I was at Ala Moana, taking my daughter for her Susan Page fashion show fitting, I saw one white MS in the parking lot there with license plate 2715. Mine is 2711. I also saw a silver one parked in the charging stall. I got a wave from one of you as we passed by each other while I was exiting Ala Moana. I like the fact that it is a club here in Hawaii where we acknowledge each other whenever we see each other. It is like the truckers or bus drivers who see each other and wave the shaka. Live Aloha, Hawaii Tesla owners.