Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mmartin, go over to the Hawaii Tesla Owners thread and drill down to reply #824 and read RodF and nanimac's secret code for deciphering the remote messages (best to our ability to figure out). :smile:

I don't think our secret method works anymore. I tried tracking mine using the remote app method and the DS and ownership both told me that they've changed the process and the car is not "connected" to your MyTesla login until after the SC sends the delivery paperwork back to HQ. Hope your experience is different, but I had the same error message on the app even after I took delivery - it didn't change until about 24 hours later.

I think it was StephenM back in June that figured out that the DS can ask the Logistics Team for a GPS readout on the car and determine its location. GPS is enabled even when Remote Access is not enabled and regardless of whether your VIN is added to your App. However, you don't want to ask the DS to do this over and over.
Since our's are not loaded yet we probably should wait until the boat has left Oakland before we ask. That will confirm its on the boat or not. Four days for the boat to get across the water. Maybe asking on Friday would be a good idea.

I think it was StephenM back in June that figured out that the DS can ask the Logistics Team for a GPS readout on the car and determine its location. GPS is enabled even when Remote Access is not enabled and regardless of whether your VIN is added to your App. However, you don't want to ask the DS to do this over and over.
Since our's are not loaded yet we probably should wait until the boat has left Oakland before we ask. That will confirm its on the boat or not. Four days for the boat to get across the water. Maybe asking on Friday would be a good idea.

It wasn't me. I was slightly OCD about my Tesla's ETA but not nearly that smart. I just used the tele and kept calling "where's my dang car?!"

Saw a black MS with 21" silver turbines pulling out of Home Depot today at Iwilei around 11:30AM. Was that anyone on the list? It about caused me to get into an accident as I pulled out too far into the road to watch it pull away. EV plate starting with 24** I think. Looked exactly what mine will look like except I plan to tint mine and this one appeared untinted.

It wasn't me. I was slightly OCD about my Tesla's ETA but not nearly that smart. I just used the tele and kept calling "where's my dang car?!"

Ahh, sorry. But I found it. It was Jatk back on 7 June that learned it. MAC one of the DS's handling that car explained that he could get a GPS location from logistics on the location of the car even when it was at sea.

Ahh, sorry. But I found it. It was Jatk back on 7 June that learned it. MAC one of the DS's handling that car explained that he could get a GPS location from logistics on the location of the car even when it was at sea.

Getting the GPS location at sea is the easiest. Just go to the Matson web site and open the tracking application for this ship. unless you need to know which container it is in on the ship.:biggrin:

Tesla sighting: Silver EV 2807 or 8. Parking lot next to Neiman Marcus around 6:30 last night. I parked, saw your car, and moved mine next to yours so my Tesla could be with its kind since I rarely see any out in my part of the island :)

Dsmith, but we needed Tesla logisitics to tell us the car's GPS (or confirm it was actually on the ship) so we could use it to determine if the location coincided with the location of the ship to know if the car was on the ship. Does that help?

Dsmith, but we needed Tesla logisitics to tell us the car's GPS (or confirm it was actually on the ship) so we could use it to determine if the location coincided with the location of the ship to know if the car was on the ship. Does that help?

I just asked my PS (never had a DS) what ship they were putting it on and looked at the Matson schedule. of course it wasn't on the first ship they told me, it was on the one that departed a week later.
The cars bound for Hawaii leave the tesla factory on Tuesday and the ship for Hawaii (via long beach) leaves Oakland on Thursday (there are only two ships with this rotation). At least that is the way it worked in Dec/Jan.

A. has it left the factory? yes, track via tesla logistics.
B. is it at Port of Oakland? yes, track via tesla logistics. (this is Tesla so, assume it missed the first ship available)
C. is it on the ship? Yes, track via matson.

FINALLY saw another Tesla in my neighborhood. Was at a stoplight on Meheula Pkwy and my foot got really heavy when the light turned green :wink:...I looked back like usual to see how far ahead I was from the other cars and noticed a car out of the corner of my eye...it was another blue MS! We rolled down our windows to compliment each other on our nice cars..lol..they live in Mililani too...told them I thought I was the only one since I hadn't seen any. He got the jump on me at the next light so I floored it. Turns out he just wanted to pass me to get on the freeway, while I went straight..lol