Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Spleen is on to something here. We need to put on the Software Enhancement List a request for hovercraft mode. Then once its in update 25.0, we can all convoy over to B.I., one afternoon and visit with Jeffdhood. Sumthin' to look forward to.

@Spleen is on to something here. We need to put on the Software Enhancement List a request for hovercraft mode. Then once its in update 25.0, we can all convoy over to B.I., one afternoon and visit with Jeffdhood. Sumthin' to look forward to.
If you believe everything I say, you'd know I already have a hovercraft edition reservation. ;)

Now the true torture begins. The ship carrying our cars has docked on Oahu. Fortunately, I will distract myself...I will be quiet for most of the next week as in the morning, I'm headed out to the deserts in Arizona to hunt a large meteor that fell yesterday.

As for Akikiki, I don't know how he will occupy his time during this long period...

As for Akikiki, I don't know how he will occupy his time during this long period...

Long's Drugs parking lots for sure...

Back OT, Saw a gray MS on the way home to Hawaii Kai. Didn't recognize the driver and tried to make eye-contact/wave at him when I pulled on aside of him, but he wasn't interested and quickly accelerated away and changed to a farther lane.

Long's Drugs parking lots for sure...

Back OT, Saw a gray MS on the way home to Hawaii Kai. Didn't recognize the driver and tried to make eye-contact/wave at him when I pulled on aside of him, but he wasn't interested and quickly accelerated away and changed to a farther lane.

This new breed of Tesla Owner really needs to learn the Tesla Code. Don't accelerate away quickly unless it is at a stop light.:biggrin:
I hear there is a "new" Tesla owner that is even worse than the one you mention. he calls himself Akikiki. He claims to own a Tesla, but has been seen in an ICE car recently, he never makes eye contact.

Last edited:
No one can prove that Akikiki has been seen in an ICE. I have it on very good authority that he's embarassed to be associated with an ICE vehicle. I hear that he is driving from the trunk while testing Elon's auto-pilot system. Don't feel sorry for him. His problem is self-inflicted. He said his Plan was a good idea at the time, but 5 weeks is longer when you are Tesla-less than when its plugged in at the house.

Update: 10/30 - I was driving this afternoon on H3 headed towards Kaneohe when I spotted a be-aut-I-ful Dark Blue Model S cruising down "da hi-way". Wow, great image of that Blue S slipping down down the road. Driving lights surely made it stand out with its wide stance. Hey Papafox, wasn't that you sitting in the driver seat? Looking Good - You Fox, Looking Good.

Last edited:
This afternoon while driving home to Kailua on the H-3 I was startled to see what appeared to be a comet from the far reaches of space that must have entered the atmosphere at a shallow angle then rolled up the highway right alongside me. It was that bright, even with my wearing sunglasses!

I hazarded a glance, only to discover that at the very center of the glowing mass was a car, and not just any car: it was undoubtedly one of the most gorgeous vehicles these eyes have witnessed. Oh my word... it can't be... it's a Tesla!

My joy was quickly extinguished by the thought that, "Crap, here's the third Tesla car fire", and I wanted to call my broker and demand he immediately sell all my shares of this company before the media caught wind of this matter. A quarter second later I realized the car was not on fire at all but was instead painted a bright red. To call this color bright red is about as much understatement as calling Miley Cyrus "a bit outgoing". This red was five alarm - arrest my whole family - fire engine - Warning! Warning! - Man the lifeboats - Marilyn Monroe lipstick - take no prisoners - flaming zombies - inferno red! Then I made out the fellow with the jolly grin at the controls, and if it had been December I would know for sure it was St. Nick, but since it's October it could only be St. Akikiki himself, driving in formation with me on the H-3. How cool is that!

About this time the scarlet Tesla shot forward like it was one of Elon's Falcon 9 rockets after someone had lit the fuse. I was going 61 mph, but the Tesla with the grinning fellow behind the wheel left me faster than frightened lightning. I could just as well have been in reverse judging by the rate at which we separated. From my shaking hand I managed a quick photo as the Akikiki Tesla slowed momentarily for traffic. Let all Oahu drivers be forewarned of what may transpire on your next outing.
respectfully submitted,
Papafox
akikikiH3.jpg

Last edited: