Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla Slashes 7,000 Euros Off Model S Price in Germany"

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Will other countries in the EU (Netherlands, Belgium, France etc.) also get a price reduction?

EUR 7,000 is a huge amount.

Somebody on the linked article said there was a price reduction in Switzerland.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not a great sign. I would think that the reason German buyers are reluctant is possibly the top speed and the less than stellar interior.

It's also not a German car.

The speed aspect might be overblown, since unlimited speed sections are not found everywhere, but I also still see the limited Supercharger network and the lack of key safety amenities (particularly the lack of adaptive cruise) as barriers to sales, especially in a patriotic market with significant domestic alternatives.

Benz

Nov 15, 2012
Netherlands
I just checked the Dutch Tesla Motors website, and I saw that the price has been reduced also. I used to be 69,900 Euro (I think), and now it's 66,200 Euro.

Image1.gif

Benz

Nov 15, 2012
Netherlands
I would think so. I would think this is mostly related to homogenizing prices across Europe. Yesterday it was possible for a German to buy a Norwegian Model S for 7000 Euros less than what it would cost in Germany, after paying the import taxes.

Yesterday?

You mean that till yesterday it was for a German better to go buy a Tesla Model S in Norway rather than in Germany? So that has changed now?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC