Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SO slow to do anything!!

Do Tesla give a flying **** about customers?

• Yes but employ useless people

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No - couldn't care less.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to cancel my PW2 order as my MPAN not big enough. That was over 4 weeks ago and STILL no refund of the £400 deposit.
Asked sales to contact me 2 weeks ago about purchase of Model X and nothing - I will not chase as they should be more interested in selling a car (Bex in Manchester!).
Now ordered a new Range Rover which is a shame but they were please to quote and sell me one.

TESLA - WAKE UP!!!!!

Tesla is backlogged with MS and MX bugs because of poor QA. Their service centers are stalled, and for cash they are trying to push unfinished cars out. They have not yet had time to organize their system. If they were using the Toyota way -method, they would STOP AND FIX THE SYSTEM. Currently they are just repeating their mistakes, tring to whip the cream to climb out of it.

You need to add one more vote option: faulty employee reward incentives and counting faulty deliveries lead to faulty results.

The "Tesla way" is ok for ramping up a start-up, but "Toyota way" is the only viable way forward for a mature company.

Here's what happened to Toyota when they got greedy and lost their way:

Last edited:
I LOVE Tesla but the way they are going they will be left in the dust of EV competitiveness within 2 years. Elon has GOT to wake up and become a businessman and NOT just a very clever boffin. I suspect it is time NOW for Elon to give up the CEO of Tesla and employ a proper businessman who will run Tesla in a much more professional way.

One basic rule if running a successful business is NOT to piss your loyal customers off - Tesla do this all the time.

The clock IS ticking - Elon - PLEASE get a proper businessman to run Tesla and measure how well processes are working and introduce Business Process Re-design if they are not (they aren't I assure you!)

I want Tesla to work but it is currentlty failing massively.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Elon starting this company out with a cold libertarian mindset. It's actually refreshing 363 days of the year. Yes, it can also be frustrating.

Personally I always thought they'd merge with Toyota ever since the NUMMI plant purchase a million years ago. Seems the logical move for 2019/20/21. Negotiate from a stronger place though.

Tesla is backlogged with MS and MX bugs because of poor QA. Their service centers are stalled, and for cash they are trying to push unfinished cars out. They have not yet had time to organize their system. If they were using the Toyota way -method, they would STOP AND FIX THE SYSTEM. Currently they are just repeating their mistakes, tring to whip the cream to climb out of it.

You need to add one more vote option: faulty employee reward incentives and counting faulty deliveries lead to faulty results.

The "Tesla way" is ok for ramping up a start-up, but "Toyota way" is the only viable way forward for a mature company.

Could be something to this but at Tesla it is top down, if cars are rushed out it is to meet specific quarterly needs and they have been brilliant at managing the numbers side of things.

They have appeared to rush cars out but need cash? Tesla hasn't needed cash for 7 years. They have more cash than they know what to do with. Investors so oversubscribed to bond offerings that they took far more money than they asked for.

They do rush cars out to keep statistics on target to manage stock price. That they do (from my long distance view).

• Disagree
Reactions: cwerdna and kort677
They have appeared to rush cars out but need cash?

I don't know exactly why Tesla rushes cars out, because it surely does not save them money. They probably do it just to be taken more seriously. But I think they have proven themselves by now as to what comes to producing cars. However, the problem with counting delivered cars instead of measuring flawless cars, according to the theory "you get what you measure", you get lots of delivered cars regardless of quality. If there are no quality incentives in place, you get lots of faults, which is what we see. The Model 3 seems to have a different Quality Assurance approach, which needs to be brought also to production of MS and MX. Trying to hide and dodge and avoid acknowledging this is also part of the problem, not only here on the forum.

do you think that tesla is hoarding the cash that they've raised?

They spend cash like drunken sailors on shore leave in Pattya Thailand (something to see every hooker in Thailand catching busses to get to Pattaya when the 7th fleet stops by). However, they just go get more and so far, as long as they make their numbers, the investors send more money. And so far, that's paid off for many investors. The last bond offering was sort of an embarrassment of riches; rates low, risk ..not so low, rights none. What a bond if you were Tesla you'd ahve sold everyone asked for as well.

They might need to spend a lot mroe in the years ahead. Super charging, another billion or 2, 3 new giga factories at a billion+ each, I mean spending money at rates rarely seen.

I don't know exactly why Tesla rushes cars out, because it surely does not save them money. They probably do it just to be taken more seriously. But I think they have proven themselves by now as to what comes to producing cars. However, the problem with counting delivered cars instead of measuring flawless cars, according to the theory "you get what you measure", you get lots of delivered cars regardless of quality. If there are no quality incentives in place, you get lots of faults, which is what we see. The Model 3 seems to have a different Quality Assurance approach, which needs to be brought also to production of MS and MX. Trying to hide and dodge and avoid acknowledging this is also part of the problem, not only here on the forum.

They are not a car company. They still have better customer satisfaction than all other car companies by the only metric that matters, tesla owners would buy another one.

They have a 400k car waiting list. They are doing a freaking rolling beta on the model 3. I mean talk about f'ing balls. You got to hand it to them. They are moving so fast and actually have a vision, germans and japanese competitors don't have any vision thus they can't move fast. All they can do is follow and if they follow blindly lord help them...it is a dead end canyon for many. Ride sharing is going to gut the car market.

I know... they can't do anything fast. Like rolling out the Model 3 two yrs early. Or doing that Austrailia power project in 100 days, or...

Oh. Wait.

Never mind...
I know, I mean or have a plan in place for ride sharing, a decade before anyone else....or have a charging system in place to allow really autonomous driving. Or have a vision at all. Damn I wish Jobs hadn't died. Elon Musk, Bezos, Jobs all at the same time...wow. Throw in Zuch and Kat from Uber and you had quite the handful of dynamism.

Tesla says it is 6 weeks to refund. Faster than many groups I deal with. If you want a refund you are not a priority that is for sure and 6 weeks is fine.

Model x just go reserve one, I don't see the issue, you want one or not? Build quality is fine now, out for a year, just go buy it.
I spoke to m3 X owners at SC station last week - all less than 3 months old - all had issues with doors, windows, panel alignment so issues continue. 2 said that they liked the X but nowhere near as good inside or out as BMW.

I had to cancel my PW2 order as my MPAN not big enough. That was over 4 weeks ago and STILL no refund of the £400 deposit.
Asked sales to contact me 2 weeks ago about purchase of Model X and nothing - I will not chase as they should be more interested in selling a car (Bex in Manchester!).
Now ordered a new Range Rover which is a shame but they were please to quote and sell me one.

TESLA - WAKE UP!!!!!

Wow, We've had our cars for 5 years now and have not had any experience as you reference. When we wanted a new Tesla, we went on line, ordered it and it was delivered. Our first one was delivered a few days past original promise date and the rest early. The build quality of our newest ones vastly improved over the very first one. We have had reimbursements and refunds for various items all in timely manners whether they were credits back to cards or checks. The credits to the cards certainly happened more quickly.
If Tesla follows Toyotas example they will surely fail and when a "proper businessman" (bean counter) takes over I expect the integrity of Tesla to suffer greatly as the mission will have switched from the acceleration of,the adoption of sustainable energy and transport to pure profit.
Tesla's current growth rate is difficult to do whilst maintaining 100% continuity of every event and employee so I expect to see some variation, but, I do not expect to have "sales" people begging me to buy.
I have not shared your experience of talking to dissatisfied owners either. I have never met an owner who is anything other than pleased and when compared to other auto ownership experiences, extatic about the Tesla experience.

Sorry to hear about yours, hope it improves.

Wow, We've had our cars for 5 years now and have not had any experience as you reference. When we wanted a new Tesla, we went on line, ordered it and it was delivered. Our first one was delivered a few days past original promise date and the rest early. The build quality of our newest ones vastly improved over the very first one. We have had reimbursements and refunds for various items all in timely manners whether they were credits back to cards or checks. The credits to the cards certainly happened more quickly.
If Tesla follows Toyotas example they will surely fail and when a "proper businessman" (bean counter) takes over I expect the integrity of Tesla to suffer greatly as the mission will have switched from the acceleration of,the adoption of sustainable energy and transport to pure profit.
Tesla's current growth rate is difficult to do whilst maintaining 100% continuity of every event and employee so I expect to see some variation, but, I do not expect to have "sales" people begging me to buy.
I have not shared your experience of talking to dissatisfied owners either. I have never met an owner who is anything other than pleased and when compared to other auto ownership experiences, extatic about the Tesla experience.

Sorry to hear about yours, hope it improves.

I think some people just are trolls or bored or PR plants. I mean it can't be much easier to order a Tesla. PW2 canceled order? 6 weeks to get refund is stated on forms. So I chalk this guy up to a PR plant. Someone talking to m3 x owners that have issues today with new ones...ok don't really believe that either. Unless those were old old cars. I haven't met many x owners, there are not many of them to begin with. Meeting more than 1 x at a supercharger in UK at one time would, I think, be rare.

Typically PR plants will be done in pairs..1 raises issue and one affirms it. That seems to be the nature of this thread.

I think some people just are trolls or bored or PR plants. I mean it can't be much easier to order a Tesla. PW2 canceled order? 6 weeks to get refund is stated on forms. So I chalk this guy up to a PR plant. Someone talking to m3 x owners that have issues today with new ones...ok don't really believe that either. Unless those were old old cars. I haven't met many x owners, there are not many of them to begin with. Meeting more than 1 x at a supercharger in UK at one time would, I think, be rare.

Typically PR plants will be done in pairs..1 raises issue and one affirms it. That seems to be the nature of this thread.
Not PR plant, I was at Hopton Services last Thursday on M42 and there were 3x X and 2x S charging.

TESLA - WAKE UP!!!!!
Although your point is valid, I think you missed out more than Tesla.

Enjoy your Range Rover.