Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Social Drive Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I received an email about a Tesla Social Drive Day next Wednesday from the St Leonards Tesla showroom to the Hydro Majestic at Medlow Bath before a late afternoon return to Sydney. I'm not busy next Wednesday so I RSVPd and Marge and I are going along.

I'm guessing this only went out to Tesla's Sydney or perhaps NSW database but I was just wondering whether any one else on this forum is attending? It'd be nice to say hello in person. :)

We had a most enjoyable drive today and Marge and I are keen for some more of these. Will from Tesla said he was hoping to be able to run these events once per quarter.

I had charged The Homer to 100% just before leaving home and drove out of the garage with a rated range of 519km. We gathered at St Leonards at 10.30am for coffee before Will & Gemma provided a short briefing and we were on our way just after 11am. There was an informal convoy but as the cars were separated when leaving the store we did spend some time driving with no other Teslas around, only to meet up again further down the route.

The target route was along the Bells Line of Road on to the Great Western Highway and so most cars seemed to take the M2, then the M7 and then Richmond Road to get there. I was able to use autopilot for most of the M4 and M7 but the lack of line markings in a few places along Richmond Road caused some "hunting" and so I took over there. I continued driving the old-fashioned way through the Bells Line of Road as that was the main point of taking that route and the car handled extremely well and I really enjoyed much of that section of the drive. We did run into a lot of roadworks along the Bells Line of Road - much more than I can remember ever seeing before - and this did slow the convoy down and push the schedule out 30 minutes or so.

We all arrived more or less at the same time at the recently re-opened Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath. They have a single destination charger there and I saw two separate cars taking advantage of it both before and after lunch. The food had been pre-selected and was simple cafe fare that everybody at our table seemed to enjoy and Marge and I were pleased to meet some very interesting fellow Tesla enthusiasts. There was a short drive to a tearoom scheduled for after lunch but we had to leave early so I can't report on the rest of the day.

We returned to Sydney by continuing on the Great Western Highway, again much of it on autopilot, and I was surprised to pull into our garage still with 39% battery remaining. Unfortunately I forgot to reset the trip computer so I can't tell you exactly how many kilometres we did or provide any other stats but I was impressed with the handling, comfort and range of the Tesla on this trip.

Thanks to Tesla at St Leonards for organising this and roll on the next one! :)

Reactions: Kayto and AndrewNSW
Wow, a near identical configuration to mine (I did order the Cyclone option until the free Slipstreams came along), and vertical dividers in the signature and green power too. Very disturbing indeed. Maybe catch up next drive day Mister T.
Look forward to it. You are going to love that car. The 90D is such a joy to drive and has both range and sparkling performance.

Reactions: RichardMcN
Wow. I've done a road trip and other side trips and have never got anywhere near as low as 161! How fast(slow) do you normally drive?
This drive had it all. Fast and slow sections. I think the long downhill drive home was where I made the energy savings. I was driving to the speed limits, and try to use the regen rather than the brakes by anticipating the need to slow down or stop. I got the same figure on a drive from Sydney to Port Maquarie, but I did go 5 kms/hr under the limit for some of the time to increase my range margin, plus there was some slowing for road works.