Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a m3p , 5/2019 with FSD and HW3 running 12.1.2 from delivery.

Does anyone know if it will get the push when the car is asleep?
Mine is garaged with a strong WiFi signal and I watch it communicate with Tesla. Uploading telemetry to Tesla servers with ap, noa, and whatever else it’s sending.

Looking forward to the update.

I have a m3p , 5/2019 with FSD and HW3 running 12.1.2 from delivery.

Does anyone know if it will get the push when the car is asleep?
Mine is garaged with a strong WiFi signal and I watch it communicate with Tesla. Uploading telemetry to Tesla servers with ap, noa, and whatever else it’s sending.

Looking forward to the update.
Yep. You'll get notified as soon as it's been pushed to your car. It doesn't matter if the car is sleeping. The strong wifi is the best you can do to make sure that you'll get the update. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets the updates first. There's been endless speculation about it on this forum. I'm not aware of anyone who's figured out a pattern.

Reactions: MrYenko
Wonder if it update notifications come through only on Wifi mode? Any clue?

If you check the software menu on your car you will see if there is a pending update available. Once you connect to WiFi it will start downloading. This can only be seen on the car itself. The app will only notify you about an update after the car has downloaded it and it is ready to install.

D4E798E4-66FC-43BA-9785-0EB14903E938.jpeg

My issue with this update is that every morning after deep sleep, when I wake my car up the screen is unresponsive...every time. I have to reboot each time.

If you check the software menu on your car you will see if there is a pending update available. Once you connect to WiFi it will start downloading. This can only be seen on the car itself. The app will only notify you about an update after the car has downloaded it and it is ready to install.

View attachment 410949
This is what I was looking for... thanks for posting this.

Far as I know HW3 model 3 have not received the updated. And according to Teslafi HW3 model x and s haven’t either. But I’m guessing it’s something with the code on the new computer. However our AP2.5 model 3 hasn’t received the updated either.