Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting a message that regenerative braking may be limited since updating to 16.2. I can make it go away by going to the driving menu and turning regenerative braking to low and then back to standard. Most of the time the notification goes away. This morning I had to switch it a couple of times. Is this update related? It never did it on 12.1.2.

I keep getting a message that regenerative braking may be limited since updating to 16.2. I can make it go away by going to the driving menu and turning regenerative braking to low and then back to standard. Most of the time the notification goes away. This morning I had to switch it a couple of times. Is this update related? It never did it on 12.1.2.
What the temp out there?

Happened to me once on 16.2. Not since then. Try a brake and both joysticks pressed full reboot.

Hope I don’t jinx myself, but I’ve found this to be a terrific upgrade. Visualization improvements are great. MCU has been stable and solid. Old bugs remain squashed.

The new lane departure features mark a turning point for Tesla’s design philosophy. M3 now has a set of standard technologies designed to keep the vehicle safely within travel lane at traffic-aware cruise speeds. Including active assist capabilities to steer the car as necessary.

While the FSD crowd is still hotly debating whether driver confirmation should be required for AP-initiated lane changes, Tesla is introducing powerful safety features for everyday driving without Autopilot activation.

This makes me happy. This is where innovations should be prioritized. The FSD vision cannot be realized without new hardware and software. Until then, firmware updates like 2019.16.2 are much appreciated for their importance to the great mass of M3 drivers.

Than you, Tesla software developers!

Honda offered to give us a "discount for being a good customer" to upgrade the crappy maps to less crappy maps in our CRV - a steal at only $99 :rolleyes:o_O
I not very politely declined.

Ive had 12 free OTA updates to my Model 3 in the same timeframe.
ha ha ha. Yes, you reminded me of something I DON'T MISS with the Acura I recently sold. About every two years they would come out with a new map update and want to charge $100 for the DVD. The wife bought one last year because our previous DVD was 8 years old. Even after getting the new DVD, I noticed it was still 6 months out of date on some roads. It's great that we get updates for free, but people forget about these benefits and rather complain about things like the map not displaying on the screen where they want it.

• Love
Reactions: GSP and Twiglett
I am also on 12.1.2 still in CA. I checked on Teslafi and not a lot have received it in CA and what is still remaining on Teslafi 940ish approx 500 are all from California and when I checked earlier this morning there were over 1200 remaining and there were still approx 500 from California. So out of the 250ish that have received the updates from this morning only a few went to CA and the rest went to everywhere else. It seriously looks like all but CA are getting this update. I wonder why the hold up.... Not the normal pattern on the updates.