Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may mean absolutely nothing at all that those in Cali seem to be at the "bottom" of the distribution list for this update since some cars in Cali are receiving it. It could be that Tesla just decided to share the wealth and start in the reverse order so to speak. It really felt good to receive this update here in Texas halfway into the first day! But then again the advanced summon theory could be true too, or ...
I guess my point is that I think that with Tesla the only real pattern I see in how they do things is that there is no pattern. I do not know if this is just how things have worked out or if there was intent here- keep the conversations alive and keep them all guessing (we are speculating on almost everything these days). If Elon does anything well it most certainly would be thinking outside of the box and keeping us all engaged. There is nothing like or as effective as free advertising. But I guess it could be the aliens have taken over too-- we just don't know it yet (Where do you think all the advanced tech Tesla has over the other wanna be EV manufacturers comes from) Ha!

Reactions: ybbor
It may mean absolutely nothing at all that those in Cali seem to be at the "bottom" of the distribution list for this update since some cars in Cali are receiving it. It could be that Tesla just decided to share the wealth and start in the reverse order so to speak. It really felt good to receive this update here in Texas halfway into the first day! But then again the advanced summon theory could be true too, or ...

Still nothing in Southern California. It's very odd; the rollout seems to have pretty much finished yesterday. We are not at the bottom of the list this time; we're not even on the list. Wonder why this region was excluded from the global rollout.

I got the update last night. This morning my steering felt weird. I checked and the steering was automatically was set to Comfort instead of Standard. I have never changed the steering setting since I got the car in November and it has never changed on its own in prior software updates. I could really tell the difference as I was driving that something had changed.

I changed it back to Standard but just a heads up in case you all see it as well.

I think mine did too. I swear I never put it on comfort.

Far as I have a read from other sites and this one, no HW3 car has got the update. Who and where did they say this. Because if that’s the case now I’m curious to what the hold up is.

Not sure if there are any confirmed cases of 2019.16.2 for HW3, but several of the first to update to 2019.16 were definitely HW3. At least one example here: Firmware 2019.16 features

I think most HW3 owners are on 2019.12.1.2 at this point. Are you able to connect your car to wifi? If not, that could explain why your car hasn't downloaded the latest for HW3.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't have wifi where I park as I live in an apartment building and park underground. Even cell reception is bad down there. I guess I'll have to ask service to do it for me sometime soon.