Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if it update notifications come through only on Wifi mode? Any clue?
Not quite sure what you mean...if you mean does the software download only over WiFi...the answer is yes...mostly. Normal updates only download to the car when there is a WiFi connection. Emergency updates, and those pushed by Tesla personnel specifically for your car (such as a mobile service agent) can be over cellular data.

The notification that an update is ready to be installed sent to your phone could occur anytime after the the software is completely downloaded and verified, and can occur over any communications channel.

Got the update yesterday.

One thing I noticed is that now on freeway when a car merges in front, Model 3 no longer freaks out and brakes. Wondering whether anyone else noticed this.

On city streets when someone crosses from a perpendicular road, it still freaks out and breaks ( a little later than we would).

It may be rolling out. Stats app was like 0.1% this morning (or last night I forget) and 6.7% this evening. Most of the time that means they are going full roll out which usually only takes a few days before everyone gets it (that has good LTE and good WIFI).

Friend in MA got it last night or this morning, I got it tonight, also in MA.

It usually doesn't "stall" if it starts moving that fast.