Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who told you automation was the point? I thought emissionless driving was the point? Or a superior propulsion technology and better driving experience?

I'm looking forward to playing with autopilot in traffic, and someday a long time from now when I can literally get in the car, buckle my seatbelt, and say "Ok, Tesla, take me to ______" and then open up a paperback, I will be enthusiastically on board. Until then this is all talk and the car needs to leave me alone when I'm driving.

Some people are desperate to be relieved of the burden of driving. I'm not one of them. I want a Model 3 because it's clean, it seems like an awesome car to drive, autopilot will be a plus in heavy traffic. Removing 95% of what I have to be aware of while driving is not a selling point for me.

Also, again, nothing indicates this is temporary.

Considering that I can reject the car for any reason up to and including "the fart noises weren't accurate enough" for a week after delivery, I don't think that will be an issue.

And again, if I KNEW Tesla was ever going to allow this to be permanently disabled, I wouldn't be worried. But I don't and neither do you.

I don't think you're ready for this car. For all we know, they're forcing something here in order to get data needed to make things safer, or testing the public on preference... I'm OK with this noise, but you are clearly not. This is all Beta stuff, changing VERY fast, and anyone using Beta software has to have some level of acceptance. This is necessary for Tesla to win. But saying "I'm not buying the car until this glitch is taken care of..." sounds like "I reject this milkshake because there's no cherrie on top." I know, not the same here, just how it sounds.

No disrespect, but this car is not for your type. You'll likely complaint until eternity on the changes taking place now and for the next several years. The only time I've seen Tesla change something from complaints is when it was truly a great idea or, in the case of Model S and rear camera persistence, EVERY OWNER complains on that one item and starts legal proceedings. Complaining on this will have little to no effect unless you have a strong case and a large following. Cancelling your order will also have no affect.

FYI, we are here for different reasons. Myself, I DID NOT buy this car to save the planet, I just want to be a part of the automation wave, and the economics made sense for us. (However, when you walk the walk long enough, the planet becomes part of your thinking like holding the stupid hand-rail at work. You also begin to hate big oil and the stock market manipulators.)

If you change your mind and decide to buy now, welcome to the club, and no ill feelings either way. And if you are a Troll, and there is no way to be sure, then enough said already.

I don't think you're ready for this car. For all we know, they're forcing something here in order to get data needed to make things safer, or testing the public on preference... I'm OK with this noise, but you are clearly not. This is all Beta stuff, changing VERY fast, and anyone using Beta software has to have some level of acceptance. This is necessary for Tesla to win. But saying "I'm not buying the car until this glitch is taken care of..." sounds like "I reject this milkshake because there's no cherrie on top." I know, not the same here, just how it sounds.

No disrespect, but this car is not for your type. You'll likely complaint until eternity

Me: "They changed how the car drives after I ordered it and I'm not sure I want it anymore unless they're likely to change it back."
You: "You're just not ready for the car. Or maybe you're a troll."

I'm sorry if my hypothetical rejection of your favorite car hurt your feelings.

Me: "They changed how the car drives after I ordered it and I'm not sure I want it anymore unless they're likely to change it back."
You: "You're just not ready for the car. Or maybe you're a troll."

I'm sorry if my hypothetical rejection of your favorite car hurt your feelings.

OK, I'll take it if you don't want it ;)

Not sure if elda problems are real, or the people having issues are just bad drivers....

All these stories like “I was just crossing over the median like normal when elda came out of nowhere”.

If that’s not the case here, I’m sure it eventually will be as self driving becomes safer than humans but humans still think they are better :p
Just let the AP drives you in somebody elses car without intervening bad driver you ;-)

Not sure if elda problems are real, or the people having issues are just bad drivers....

All these stories like “I was just crossing over the median like normal when elda came out of nowhere”.

If that’s not the case here, I’m sure it eventually will be as self driving becomes safer than humans but humans still think they are better :p
Exactly! I know some say it's common to cross a double yellow line to pass a bike and hope/expect the oncoming traffic will move over...but if you can't pass the bike in time, you should wait behind the bike and allow oncoming traffic to use their lane! Just two days ago, I almost got hit by a car in my lane that was trying to pass a bike. Just because a driver is impatient about being behind a bike doesn't give them the right to cross the lines into oncoming traffic, endangering everyone in both lanes. It may be "common courtesy" but it's also against the law.

I think you're misunderstanding some of the examples, people (tesla drivers) are going onto the white line to avoid other drivers crossing the double yellow, then ELDA veers you towards the the oncoming car. Also sometimes you do cross double yellow (with no oncoming traffic) to avoid objects or roadkill in road and it steers you back into lane and into the object.

Also just like early AP it really doesn't handle wide or merging lanes well. Pulling up to a stop sign that had a left turn lane and a right turn lane (lines were faded) it tried to pull me out of the right lane and in between the two turning lanes.

I think long term AP and other systems will be superior to human drivers, and in some cases (primarily highway and city with well painted lines) ELDA is probably overall safer, but in its current iteration on rural mountain roads (with occasionally faded lines and tons of roadkill) it is dangerous. I assume Tesla is going to allow us to permanently disable it (an easy and obvious solution), but until they do or at least announce that they will, I will keep voicing my concern.

Reactions: Lobstahz and dloop

They're real... as of 16.2 anyway. It's a net gain though, M3 and I work as a team. Future will have more take-overs I'm certain. It's how you get the safety data... I want more. Some people don't like it when someone grabs the wheel. Change happens... fast here.

Exactly! I know some say it's common to cross a double yellow line to pass a bike and hope/expect the oncoming traffic will move over...but if you can't pass the bike in time, you should wait behind the bike and allow oncoming traffic to use their lane! Just two days ago, I almost got hit by a car in my lane that was trying to pass a bike. Just because a driver is impatient about being behind a bike doesn't give them the right to cross the lines into oncoming traffic, endangering everyone in both lanes. It may be "common courtesy" but it's also against the law.
Now take that example of you almost getting hit two days ago, and imagine your car veering TOWARDS the oncoming car. Well thats exactly what has been happening to me. Car veers into my lane, I veer away from them and into white line, car veers back towards them. Its absolutely terrifying, its like a passenger leaning over and grabbing the wheel while you drive. I think people don't understand why we are so upset because its hard to understand how terrifying that is till it happens to you.

...Unlike some here, I'm not angry at Tesla. (In fact, I'm pretty weary of all the outrage that's expressed on forums.) It's a glitch. Glitches are inevitable when you choose a car that updates its features every 20 days. It will be rectified.
If it does get rectified, it will be in part because of many good folks in this forum who were not too 'weary' and took the time to provide feedback to Tesla.

If it does get rectified, it will be in part because of many good folks in this forum who were not too 'weary' and took the time to provide feedback to Tesla.

That's exactly why I said that our "participation involves letting the developers know there's a problem with ELDA."
I knew I'd get flamed for my post, but if you'd read it carefully, you'd have seen that we're not in disagreement on this point.

Reactions: willow_hiller