Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla software hints at MY's HEPA filter & Bioweapon Defense Mode

Ghanziang

Oct 27, 2017
Evergreen, CO
Living in Colorado, HEPA filter would be amazing. The amount of smoke we deal with on a daily basis now is horrible. Being able to filter all that out would be awesome.

sleepies

Oct 23, 2020
Orange County, California
Living in Colorado, HEPA filter would be amazing. The amount of smoke we deal with on a daily basis now is horrible. Being able to filter all that out would be awesome.
There are a lot of things I would wait for (air suspension, USB in the glove box, new center console) but the HEPA filter doesn't excite me i the least.

Yeah I also just realized that it will probably be a premium that will cost extra? So I guess I'll be keeping my delivery date after all.

Klau2

Mar 25, 2019
Boyds, MD
Well, for the model s, bio defense is a software upgrade plus the filter for $500. Hoping it's the same for the Y.

There are a lot of things I would wait for (air suspension, USB in the glove box, new center console) but the HEPA filter doesn't excite me i the least.
Haha. Don't hold your breath for air suspension.

sleepies

Oct 23, 2020
Orange County, California
Well, for the model s, bio defense is a software upgrade plus the filter for $500. Hoping it's the same for the Y.

$500 isn't bad. Yeah not betting on air suspension a

Although not integrated with software, I went this route for ~$100 - HEPA Cabin Air Filters for Model 3 & Y (sold as a pair)

Oh cool. Thanks for this!

KGeezzy

Jun 8, 2020
Stockton, CA
Air suspension and I am placing an order for MY

why would air suspension base your decision on ordering? The original one sucks. Just go out and go aftermarket. Lol

C3AF0CFD-C57F-47AC-ADB1-7FEA6F022C77.jpeg

KGeezzy

Jun 8, 2020
Stockton, CA
They do not have air suspension currently hence why the current suspension is trash. Once they update it with similar suspension to S/X then I do not need go spend extra money and time

No what I’m saying is the air even from S/X is a waste. Sure ride quality may be there but why spend the money with no range of adjustment? You have increments of .3 inches on each setting. Lowest on the S was like 5.4 inches. LOL . But by all means have at it. I wasn’t impressed with Tesla stock air suspension.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC