Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Day All
I have a very basic question to ask here.
I have a 2017 Model S and currently I am on 36.2.3, I read posts where some folks are getting 40.x.x versions because they were a part of EAP.

For folks like me where I am not a part of EAP will I ever get 40.x.x or will we remain at 36 build

1843C6E3-FEDB-4545-AB75-C9F2BD92729D.png
Tesla’s software updating process is SO FRUSTRATING. I live in a condo and park underground (with no WiFi) so when an update is available I like to download it. I received some version of 2019.40 on Monday but didn’t have a chance to download. It has since been pulled and now it says my car is “up to date.”

I’m currently on 2019.36.2.1. I have MCU1/FSD and ADVANCED tab selected, yet I’m in the minority here ( only 12% of Model S/X are on a version that is not some part of 2019.40 according to TeslaFi).

I have 2016 MS70 and on version 2019.36.2.3 and Tesla Support said I will get it within a week. Talked to Tesla Support again this morning (hoping to force an update to fix iOS/Bluetooth volume bugs) and they said that 2019.36.x.x is already the latest version. Conflicting answers from Tesla, but I'll just wait and see if I get an update or not.

View attachment 488885 Tesla’s software updating process is SO FRUSTRATING. I live in a condo and park underground (with no WiFi) so when an update is available I like to download it. I received some version of 2019.40 on Monday but didn’t have a chance to download. It has since been pulled and now it says my car is “up to date.”

I’m currently on 2019.36.2.1. I have MCU1/FSD and ADVANCED tab selected, yet I’m in the minority here ( only 12% of Model S/X are on a version that is not some part of 2019.40 according to TeslaFi).

I'm on 36.2.3.

Looks like 40 was downloaded to the car but then it was pulled.

Hopefully, we get to skip to the better working build anyway.

It's obvious the "advanced" button does nothing other than a placebo effect.

Reactions: jaygeewin
TeslaFi only reflects a selected group of car’s that have joined that webpage, it only shows what version of SW is out there. Don’t be frustrated if you see you’re left out. I have not selected any tabs or made any calls to get the latest version as soon as it’s out there. I have 2016 AP1/MCU1 70D and my previous build was 32.12.7, just at the end of last week it got version 40.2.1. It’s been before also quite seldom to get any versions that all other are constantly discussing about...

Reactions: jaygeewin
You don't get an update. The car downloads it in its own good time. If it's a map update it installs it automatically and lets you know the next time you get into the car. If it's a software update, once it is completely downloaded, it asks you when to install it because the car is not drivable during the installation. All you can do is make sure WiFi is available 24/7 to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
In the past, I’ve received a notification that an update is available, then I select when I want it downloaded. I haven’t received that notification this time. It simply shows up on my app that an update is available and I need to connect to wi-fi, but I’m already connected to wi-fi.

When you get a notice that software is available to install and to select an install time it has already been downloaded.

I have WiFi in my garage and the car is parked there whenever I am not using it. If the download is partial and you drive the car it will suspend the download until WiFi is again available. I am different than most as I am retired and the car may sit in the garage for several days without moving.

Mine is a similar situation: parked in my garage every night with excellent Wi-Fi available. The download icon at the top of the main screen is amber for the first time ever. When I click on it, it shows the car is connected to full-strength Wi-Fi.

Guess I’ll have to stop by the Service Center ☹️