Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Version 2019.36.1 has been rolling out around the world but not to many people and no one yet has reported it in Aus or NZ.

It provides 1 pedal driving and more power (5%) to model 3 and 3% to S and X.

Curiously it look limited to 75D and late model 100D/P100D and long range/performance variants of the S and X. I have not seen any 60/70/85/90 battery packs get it anywhere in the world.

All model 3s seem to be eligible to get it. The trickling out of it seems odd to me. Anyone have thoughts on why that might be?

Version 2019.36.1 has been rolling out around the world but not to many people and no one yet has reported it in Aus or NZ.

It provides 1 pedal driving and more power (5%) to model 3 and 3% to S and X.

Curiously it look limited to 75D and late model 100D/P100D and long range/performance variants of the S and X. I have not seen any 60/70/85/90 battery packs get it anywhere in the world.

All model 3s seem to be eligible to get it. The trickling out of it seems odd to me. Anyone have thoughts on why that might be?

Hi Grenadine,

Where did you see that non-Raven Model S' have received this update/grade? I'd read it was Raven-only in twitter. Happy if not!

thanks.

Received a software update last night for my SR+. Upon completion it reads 2019.32.12.4 a3dc21e
I thought I was already on that version. What gives?

I didn't get the 5% increase, nor the 1 pedal drivability fn.

Strange

Received a software update last night for my SR+. Upon completion it reads 2019.32.12.4 a3dc21e
I thought I was already on that version. What gives?

I didn't get the 5% increase, nor the 1 pedal drivability fn.

Strange
Those features are in 2019.36.x. You're still on the older version like most of Australia is. They haven't done a wide roll out of any 2019.36 releases here yet. Sometimes old versions get reinstalled, not sure why, but the service centre can force it locally or remotely if they think there are problems.

Mine is kinda stuck on 2019.32.12.7. By stuck, I mean it's updated to that version, but my vehicle and my app keep saying I'm downloading that version, even though it's already installed. It's been like that for about a week now, and I even contacted the service centre. They just said hang on and it should eventually clear. That's not very reassuring, but I'll hold them to their word and contact them again next week if it's still there. I'm a sucker for testing new versions ASAP (and an FSD prepurchaser) so the thought I may miss out is killing me.

Good news everyone!

upload_2019-11-14_13-45-21.jpeg

Unfortunately if I’m home by 7pm it will be a miracle....:(

Mine is kinda stuck on 2019.32.12.7. By stuck, I mean it's updated to that version, but my vehicle and my app keep saying I'm downloading that version, even though it's already installed. It's been like that for about a week now, and I even contacted the service centre. They just said hang on and it should eventually clear. That's not very reassuring, but I'll hold them to their word and contact them again next week if it's still there. I'm a sucker for testing new versions ASAP (and an FSD prepurchaser) so the thought I may miss out is killing me.
Have you tried rebooting the car (not trolling, for srs)

I just tested 36.2.2. I can confirm that the car (P- FSD) now has Smart Summon (it worked but was a bit hesitant), Hold (awesome), and it recognizes traffic cones. I only had time for a short drive so I'm yet to find out anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
This happened to me last night. I had to factory reset the car to get rid if it. A bit annoying to put settings in again but in meant I picked up the new patch because my car no longer thinks I am still downloading the new one. An interesting side effect was that the nav system first thought I was in the Tesla factory in California but a bit if driving fixed that.

and yeah like you rebooting did not fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: conman and Hairyman
This happened to me last night. I had to factory reset the car to get rid if it. A bit annoying to put settings in again but in meant I picked up the new patch because my car no longer thinks I am still downloading the new one. An interesting side effect was that the nav system first thought I was in the Tesla factory in California but a bit if driving fixed that.

and yeah like you rebooting did not fix it.
Thanks, I may well just do that!

Looks like the 36.2.2 is rolling out to everyone in AU and NZ and not to any other countries. Would be interesting to know what the difference from 36.2.1 is that the rest of the world is getting.
I got 36.2.2 today and so far am happy, though I do have a slight question. How come they do not update the Navigation Data? Mine is still 2018.12-983 that appears old and dated. Last I called Tesla service about this they checked and said there is no newer one despite people on forums mentioning a 2019 build they may have got.
IMG_20191114_172820s.jpg

Looks like the 36.2.2 is rolling out to everyone in AU and NZ and not to any other countries. Would be interesting to know what the difference from 36.2.1 is that the rest of the world is getting.
I got 36.2.2 today and so far am happy, though I do have a slight question. How come they do not update the Navigation Data? Mine is still 2018.12-983 that appears old and dated. Last I called Tesla service about this they checked and said there is no newer one despite people on forums mentioning a 2019 build they may have got.
Are you on wifi? Maps data only ever gets downloaded over wifi since it's so big. Mine is AU-2019.24-10589

Are you on wifi? Maps data only ever gets downloaded over wifi since it's so big. Mine is AU-2019.24-10589
Well of course I am on wifi. My software updates also only download on wifi. Today at work I got a notification that update is ready to download and asked me to connect to wifi. When I got home it downloaded 36.2.2 over wifi (took about 3 minutes to download). I am about 14 hours out of each 24 hour day connected to a good wifi that has 100mbps internet. So far have got 5-6 software updates but never a Navigation Data update. I even opened a ticket with Tesla about not getting Navigation Data updates and they said that the one I have is the latest so they cannot kick off a download for newer one :(