Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla today and they said they can clear this over the air but because WiFi doesn’t reach my garage I will need to be able to hotspot my car at the time the tech calls. Fingers crossed it all works.

Factory reset would be a pain. Most gadgets of any complexity these days allow you to save a configuration file of all settings before doing a factory reset so that saved states can be easily restored. Telsa needs to offer that!
Ubiquiti by unifier. It will solve all your problems with it significant range. Fixed mine.

As of 5mins ago, TeslaFi showed 37 Aussie Teslas with 2020.8.1. The M3s were Performance and LR only. No SR+ (yet) :(.
I imagine this is because the main change is the addition of V2 Track Mode, which isn't as relevant for SR+ vehicles. Although this update also includes the improvement where it delays the bluetooth phone audio connection until you sit in the car and close the door.

Pretty much came to a standstill yesterday, then a couple of downgrades happened, but its ramped up again in the last hour or so and 2020.8.1 is going out very quickly now. No idea what caused the slowdown.

Usually its the slow start of a few cars to then stop. Then increase to around 10% and then another stop and then out to everyone.
Most people think its Tesla has found a bug which sometimes happens but they just make sure that everything's fine and then push to everyone when it seems okay.
Its known as a staged rollout.

Heres a good article on it.
The art of staging a rollout

I got lucky and was in one of the first batches.
According to Teslascope.
2020.8.1 < 2020.4.1 | 4 days 41 minutes ago

• Informative
Reactions: baillies and DOMn8
I had the upgrade prompt last Friday. I needed to use the car, so passed it off. It has not asked me gain since then which is a little frustrating. Wonder how long it will take to get around to offering it again. Today is looking like twice as many installs will be done as any previous day.