Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, not sure on that....essentially unless one clicks on the 'Save clip" or "honks the hork" dash cam footage isn't saved or at the least is not viewable in the in car app....I am not sure if new footage is actually being saved however 100% unless one takes manual action dash cam footage is not automatically saved/viewable in the in car app....
What are you not sure of?
What you say is correct. Currently the in car viewer can only display clips in the SavedClips or SentryClips folders. Triggered by Save/Honk or Sentry events. Hopefully an update will allow us to see recordings in the RecentClips folder well.

What are you not sure of?
What you say is correct. Currently the in car viewer can only display clips in the SavedClips or SentryClips folders. Triggered by Save/Honk or Sentry events. Hopefully an update will allow us to see recordings in the RecentClips folder well.

Not sure as I am not a programmer is what I meant sorry, however I do employee programmers and it would be a fail to release software "to live" with what looks like missing videos (from the end users perspective) or at least an explanation of missing/features (for example recent clips not viewable in car and one still needs to remove the SSD and view externally for now). I really wish Telsa would release less buggy software versions (like Sentry now playing up) or at least provide more information of what to expect rather than have us all trying “work it out”.

First thing that's noted in the manual ... the ultimate backside covering ...

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 9.39.41 am.png

Reactions: Flatbat
So, I haven't driven the car since Sunday, it's unplugged just sitting in the garage and yep, the 2020.12.11.1 on the Model 3 seems to have some phantom drain happening on it, even with Sentry off.
How much phantom drain did you see in the two days? I am wondering if perhaps you were inadvertently waking the car to check the battery %. Do this with the phone app or by opening a door to view the screen, will wake the car. This in itself will lead to battery drain. Needs to stay asleep continuously to minimise loss.

My M3 is also on 2020.12.11.1 and any loss while parked unplugged, sentry off, is negligible. I just left it in a car park for 30 hours while I went interstate. It did not wake once in that period. On return Battery was still at the same 92% SOC as when I left it. It lost just 2kms range in this day and a half while it sat in a car park.

Reactions: ICUDoc
I’m still on 2020.12.11.1 (my update preference is “standard”) but the view Dashcam/Sentry clips feature (while a fantastic addition) is definitely broken or at least very buggy. When a sentry event occurs, tapping on “tap to view” shows not the most recent sentry video, but the one before that which might be days ago. Further, it plays only the first few seconds before the pointer erratically jumps back to the start of the video repeatedly and starts again.

Anyone else experience this, and is it fixed in later releases?