Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@flatbed a camera at 1/2000s exposure is very unlikely to capture these signs correctly. Read the very interesting paper @cafz quoted above for all the details why. I have to admit I am (and have been) baffled by how Tesla might overcome this significant and safety relevant issue, especially considering their cameras are not HDR imaging types, but have a low light enhanced pixel design where color information is traded against dynamic range, which is why the dash footage has such poor colour rendition.

I have .40.4 and my mobile connector button doesn't wake the car. Have to push boot button as always. Though the boot now actually opens and I have the weird feeling that in the past the first boot button press just woke the car up, handily, rather than opening the boot.
Would be nice if this worked even in the absence of a phone key.
It's saying .40.8 is available, might install this evening if I can be bothered.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
They are. Here's a paper specifically about the interaction of PWM LED lighting and automotive camera systems: https://www.ingentaconnect.com/cont...rt00003?crawler=true&mimetype=application/pdf

You can't just "use the right DC voltage" with LEDs, because the IV curve is both highly nonlinear and temperature-dependent. You can instead use a constant current supply, but I believe PWM is used simply because it's more power efficient to have the LEDs either fully on or fully off at all times.

Another reason PWM dimming is used, is that the colour emitted by LEDs can change (sometimes dramatically) when they are driven at low currents. PWM reduces the intensity without affecting the colour, which is important for meeting many automotive/traffic lighting standards.

• Informative
Reactions: cafz
That has been around for month or two. If by that you mean tapping the current indicated speed on engagement and having stay there instead of targeting the speed limit.
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.
What I meant is that if I choose current speed and engage auto pilot when I am driving at 50k in 60K limit road, the car will drive in auto pilot at 50k and will not accelerate to 60k, which is speed limit, until I increase the speed using right dial or tap on the 60K speed sign.
If I choose speed limit, in the same scenario as above, the car will accelerate to 60k (speed limit) from 50K (my driving speed), as soon as I engage auto pilot.
I hope this explains what I meant and it was there before, then I never realised :)

Reactions: JohnBNE
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.
What I meant is that if I choose current speed and engage auto pilot when I am driving at 50k in 60K limit road, the car will drive in auto pilot at 50k and will not accelerate to 60k, which is speed limit, until I increase the speed using right dial or tap on the 60K speed sign.
If I choose speed limit, in the same scenario as above, the car will accelerate to 60k (speed limit) from 50K (my driving speed), as soon as I engage auto pilot.
I hope this explains what I meant and it was there before, then I never realised :)

So does yours do that now? I am wondering if this is a FSD feature only?

I got 44.10.1 and I setup the Set Speed to 6% offset, so I am driving in a 60 zone it will be 64, and when I enter a 70 zone I thought that it would accelerate to 74 but it doesn't, it will stay at 64 until I tap the speed limit icon on the screen. Also doesn't go from 74 down to 64 when I enter a 60 zone automatically,