TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Software updates - Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Grenadine, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Vegas

Vegas Member

Thanks Moa999 and Cafz - appreciated.

2. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Active Member

2020.48.30 ends in bad....not ideal ;)

3. Moskito

Moskito Member

Yep, crap. I have lost traffic lights, stop signs, the list goes on.
    The big white elephant screen is empty most of the time.
    I don’t bother looking at it now.
    AND I loose 10km range over night.
    Never had that before in 12 months of owning.
    Elon, wake up.

4. bomidi

bomidi Member

Yes I have the same issue in Sydney and the Cabin Overheat Protection is not working correctly after the update.

• Like x 1
  5. RareEarth

RareEarth Member

Left climate on (parked in full sun) during a longish lunch yesterday, got a warning on my phone after about an hour. Not seen that before but maybe I don't do enough long lunches!

6. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Climate keeper should stay on for up to four hours...or until the battery reaches 20%.

7. bay74

bay74 Member

My cabin temp' is currently 46*C, and I have overheat protection in the On (i.e. AC allowed) setting: i.e. it's not working. Also, car was asleep when I just checked now, and if I understand correctly, when COP is working the car won't be asleep.

Version 2020.48.12.1.

8. Punchbuggy

Punchbuggy Member

My M3 had an internal temp of 58C yesterday - that can't be good for Anything within the interior. I had to keep bouncing the app between AC and venting remotely. I hope Tesla get this fixed with a release soon.

• Informative x 1
  9. Fazza

Fazza Member

Has this cabin temp protection ever worked ? Even before 2020.48.x updates?

10. Fazza

Fazza Member

I've raised a service appointment with tesla ...I d suggest others do the same so they will speed up the software fix due to this bug

Used description below
    "Cabin overheat protection not kicking in when interior temperature gone above 40 deg Celcius with feature enabled"

11. Vostok

Vostok Active Member

My wife has had the privilege in recent days of doing 1000km+ drive in regional NSW in Slartibartfast (Jealous? Moi? :D). She turned TACC off on day 2 due to too many phantom braking events which she found dangerous and very unsettling. Some examples:
    • Sunny day, single cloud casts a passing shadow over the road, car brakes heavily
    • Going around a gentle bend on a 2-lane road, truck coming the other way in its own lane, car brakes heavily
    • Car turning right into a side-road where a bulge in the road (no line markings) allows traffic to pass on the left, car brakes heavily
    She had a lot more fun driving, and more relaxing driving, with TACC off.

What was brilliant though was being able to charge in rural towns with a mix of Chargefox, NRMA, Evie. Although she does like the plug-in and walk away simplicity of Superchargers. I don’t think the trip she did would have been feasible even only 18 months ago.

• Like x 2
  12. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Active Member

I still use FSD/TACC a LOT, but I am used to the occasional terrifying jolt-brake for no good reason. Your wife is sensible.

13. cafz

cafz Member

The other ones are problematic (I've seen it do the 'jumping at shadows' thing too), but that last one sounds fair enough. If it's only marked as one lane, and the car ahead is stopped, it probably _should_ stop too unless you override it.

14. Vostok

Vostok Active Member

I don't agree with that. This type of road arrangement is very common in rural areas. The bulge in the road is built deliberately to allow traffic to pass on the left (and at speed) any cars waiting to turn right. It is a legal manoeuvre. But because the bulge is typically quite short, lane markings are usually absent.

So in that instance, sudden braking would definitely confuse any cars following. They would assume that you, too, intend to turn right and are braking for that reason. So in response, they would keep left in order to overtake you. But you aren't going to turn right, so you also move to the left while tapping the accelerator to stop the phantom braking. If the following car is close behind, that is a dangerous crash just waiting to happen.

15. Punchbuggy

Punchbuggy Member

Reasonable question which I can't answer, Fazza. All I can say is that in the 3 months I've owned my M3, the cabin temp has never gotten that high.

• Like x 1
  16. AndrewSa

AndrewSa Member

I always thought cabin overheat was bit weird frequently seen temps in 50s sometimes it switches on others not. Then when I arrive home once and parked in carport you could hear it running whist cabin was in 20s ... I don't understand

17. AndrewSa

AndrewSa Member

Recent change the "take me home" voice command doesn't work ... its says navigating home but search results list has everything but "home"

18. GrimRe

GrimRe Member

BTW in case you didn’t know— you can hold and drag down the search bar on the navigation to automatically navigate home. Or if you are at home, it will navigate to work.

19. cafz

cafz Member

The fan that kicks in a bit after you park sometimes and runs for a while isn't the overheat protection, it's something it does to make sure all the condensate is cleared out so nothing grows mildew.

20. Brissienew

Brissienew Member

The update had reset my headlights again!!!’

Me and my family feel the same too. TACC is jerky and my right foot is much smoother with throttle control. I try it periodically to see if it has improved with successive updates, but no, still not good enough. I don’t understand how Tesla can sell FSD for 10k.I don’t think I want to use it even if it is free.

• Like x 1