Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a different type of software update, did anyone else notice their Powerwall got a update to 20.40.3

There is no software updates notes out yet, but the version before this was 1.50.1 so I guess the Powerwall is also getting into the year/month versioning.

I've raised a service appointment with tesla ...I d suggest others do the same so they will speed up the software fix due to this bug

Used description below
"Cabin overheat protection not kicking in when interior temperature gone above 40 deg Celcius with feature enabled"
Tesla service have updated my service call for the cabin overheating with a parts order of the active grille shutter assembly :eek:

Going to have to ask them to call and please explain what they be remotely diagnosed because surely all these cases with overheat protection not working now cannot be due to this faulty hw :(

Reactions: Punchbuggy
For a different type of software update, did anyone else notice their Powerwall got a update to 20.40.3

There is no software updates notes out yet, but the version before this was 1.50.1 so I guess the Powerwall is also getting into the year/month versioning.
Interesting... my PW2 is on 1.47.0 and there doesn’t seem to be any way of triggering an update.

You can get Tesla to push a update through if it's stuck on a old release. Mine is connected via wifi.

upload_2021-1-19_14-30-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-19_14-30-6.png
    upload_2021-1-19_14-30-6.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 67
FWIW, I haven't had many phantom braking problems ever since driving with the follow distance set to max (7, I think). Drove to work today on a setting of 1, and the car was behaving like a stubborn donkey, constantly phantom braking for every conceivable and inconceivable obstacle.

Thanks for the tip. I remember dumb cruise working fine before TACC was enabled through a software update. Ever since then phantom braking has been extremely frustrating to the point I rarely use cruise in the suburbs.

I always wondered why one of the distances couldn't have switched TACC off for driving in the city with parked cars & vehicles crossing. Hoping I see the same results as you with the setting changed to Max!

Yep....I'm not on 20.40.3 also, I've been waiting and waiting for the notes to appear...no idea why the PW gets a firmware update and the notes takes between 7-10 days to appear....it's been a pattern for the last 3-4 updates for me....

Tesla service have updated my service call for the cabin overheating with a parts order of the active grille shutter assembly :eek:

Going to have to ask them to call and please explain what they be remotely diagnosed because surely all these cases with overheat protection not working now cannot be due to this faulty hw :(

Interesting, keep us updated cause they just closed my support ticket with them about COP. But I only just found out about the active grille thing when a leaf got stuck in there and its opening and closing still

FWIW, I haven't had many phantom braking problems ever since driving with the follow distance set to max (7, I think). Drove to work today on a setting of 1, and the car was behaving like a stubborn donkey, constantly phantom braking for every conceivable and inconceivable obstacle.

Try it, you'll like the result.
This idea is working for me. It also makes pulling up behind traffic queues much smoother. Thanks!

Interesting, keep us updated cause they just closed my support ticket with them about COP. But I only just found out about the active grille thing when a leaf got stuck in there and its opening and closing still
Yes same.. I checked my grille and they opened and closed fine. I told tesla and they called back saying it was a false positive that the grille flagged fail..likely due to bug not opening the grille when required for COP.

They said fix.coming in .35 next week sometime and since i had flagged it as an issue apparently will be one of first ones to get the nezr beta patch...like a good little lab mouse:confused:

Reactions: Hairyman