Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's some randomness in it.
My non-FSD on Advanced Setting seems to get it when the TeslaFi rollout percentage is in the 40-70% range.

This 2021.4 rollout has just gone very slowly.

Recently you've seen a slow start, but then it goes from 10% to 80+% in a matter of days.

The priority phone setting is to set the preferred device for bluetooth handsfree / audio operation once a given driver profile is set.
I find it doesn't even work well for that. It seems like only 4 out of 5 occasions that it connects to my phone (and never connects to my wife's) without manual intervention.

In fact, the other day I got into the car and I was pleasantly surprised that it connected to my phone immediately while I was parked in the garage. I hit the garage door opener and it didn't work. I realised I'd forgotten to plug the door opener back in. I left the phone in the car, got out, turned the garage light on, plugged the door opener in and go back into the car. My phone was still connected. I opened the garage door and realised I'd left the garage light on, so I got out, turned it off and go back into the car. My phone was no longer connected. I had to reconnect it manually. The phone had been sitting in the car the whole time.

I have no idea how the software developers can make the software work so inconsistently.

I find it doesn't even work well for that. It seems like only 4 out of 5 occasions that it connects to my phone (and never connects to my wife's) without manual intervention.

In fact, the other day I got into the car and I was pleasantly surprised that it connected to my phone immediately while I was parked in the garage. I hit the garage door opener and it didn't work. I realised I'd forgotten to plug the door opener back in. I left the phone in the car, got out, turned the garage light on, plugged the door opener in and go back into the car. My phone was still connected. I opened the garage door and realised I'd left the garage light on, so I got out, turned it off and go back into the car. My phone was no longer connected. I had to reconnect it manually. The phone had been sitting in the car the whole time.

I have no idea how the software developers can make the software work so inconsistently.
Inspires confidence in the robo taxi that your car could apparently become

• Funny
Reactions: Hovean and Vostok

Yes because a bug in a bluetooth library that Tesla didn't even develop is a reflection of the entire AutoPilot team and their ability to make a fully autonomous robo taxi.

Robotaxi in Australia is many, many years away because of the relative market size of Australia vs U.S, Europe and China not because "they can't do it".

Forget about robo taxi.. even FSD.

I doubt I will ever pay for FSD. There are just soooo many bugs and really dumb design decisions in just the standard code associated with the car. One day I will list them all.

I mean I really love my Model 3 and I love driving it, but the tech could be soo much better.

Agreed. However you are writing off FSD entirely based on some superficial bugs
More than superficial....

The phantom braking with TACC is not superficial.

The screaming at you when you change into an empty lane but there's a vehicle in the lane beyond that is not superficial.

Something new happened to me while driving along the M5 on Saturday. It was not superficial.

I was wholly in my lane. The nearest car in front of me in my lane was well over 10 car lengths away (so far away to not even notice). The cars in the next lane were all within their lanes. All of a sudden the car starts ringing alarm bells and some warning pops up that I need to take evasive action, but the display still showed all the cars in their lanes with nothing red or flashing other than the warning pop-up. It happened twice. I didn't have to do anything but just kept on driving. It then did it again 5 minutes later. The sun was out and visibility was perfect.

Now, I need glasses for reading but my distance sight is perfectly fine and I don't wear (or need to wear glasses) while driving. This means that these dumb messages that the Model 3 displays can't always be read. I thought they perhaps something in the tiny letters it displayed might give me some insight into what it was talking about. When next I stopped i reviewed all the alerts I'd received. It wasn't there! But all the dumb alerts about TACC not slowing if I have my foot on the accelerator were there. So, it is that important that it beeps loudly at me distracting from driving but not important enough to be save in the alert list.

Yes because a bug in a bluetooth library that Tesla didn't even develop is a reflection of the entire AutoPilot team and their ability to make a fully autonomous robo taxi.

Robotaxi in Australia is many, many years away because of the relative market size of Australia vs U.S, Europe and China not because "they can't do it".
Just wondering, does a TACC that doesn’t phantom brake or get all nervous when a car in another lane is turning come before robotaxi? One like other cars have.

More than superficial....

The phantom braking with TACC is not superficial.

The screaming at you when you change into an empty lane but there's a vehicle in the lane beyond that is not superficial.

Something new happened to me while driving along the M5 on Saturday. It was not superficial.

I was wholly in my lane. The nearest car in front of me in my lane was well over 10 car lengths away (so far away to not even notice). The cars in the next lane were all within their lanes. All of a sudden the car starts ringing alarm bells and some warning pops up that I need to take evasive action, but the display still showed all the cars in their lanes with nothing red or flashing other than the warning pop-up. It happened twice. I didn't have to do anything but just kept on driving. It then did it again 5 minutes later. The sun was out and visibility was perfect.

Now, I need glasses for reading but my distance sight is perfectly fine and I don't wear (or need to wear glasses) while driving. This means that these dumb messages that the Model 3 displays can't always be read. I thought they perhaps something in the tiny letters it displayed might give me some insight into what it was talking about. When next I stopped i reviewed all the alerts I'd received. It wasn't there! But all the dumb alerts about TACC not slowing if I have my foot on the accelerator were there. So, it is that important that it beeps loudly at me distracting from driving but not important enough to be save in the alert list.
The small text thing is annoying. Clearly the software enngineers are all young and have not yet started having age related short sight reduction

Reactions: louco73
My FSD Model S is downloading 2020.48.37.1. My wife’s non-FSD X doing the same. This despite there being 2021 software for some cars... I don’t get it.
It could be that each time the software has attempted to download you’ve not been near wifi, or depart the wifi part way through. I’ve done the latter a couple of times and it needed tesla intervention to get the download going again.

Wish they'd fix the auto wiper logic!! I was on quiet straight stretch of road and let it just do it's thing. It stops and then never starts again even though you can hardly see out. I can't understand what the logic is doing, has the code crashed or something. I have to always click it up or down a mode to wake it up again.

Wish they'd fix the auto wiper logic!! I was on quiet straight stretch of road and let it just do it's thing. It stops and then never starts again even though you can hardly see out. I can't understand what the logic is doing, has the code crashed or something. I have to always click it up or down a mode to wake it up again.

Yeah, I see something like that frustratingly too often. I was thinking of booking my M3 into a service centre to check the sensor until I read your post.

My wipers have once turned on in bright sunshine (no rain), and often takes a long time to either turn the intermittent wipers on when it starts to rain slightly, start to wipe faster when it's raining more heavily, or turn off once the rain has stopped (scraping along the windscreen). It frequently requires some sort of intervention.

Reactions: Rockford