Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I have a software display issue on my M3? When I shift to D, from P, the only indication I get of this change, is the tiny font that is slightly highlighted, on the vertical row, upper right side of the screen. Been this way since the December UI overhaul, with hard to read shift position font, at least for me. I have recently become aware of other M3’s momentarily display of a large D above the KM/H space, then it goes to 0. Here is a screen shot from a M3, with the latest software. I captured the moment he shifted to D. This video is from Canada, so LHD:
7599CB03-6DAD-4810-AED1-DB4A6E992603.png

Again, My M3, with updated software, never shows a D. I immediately get the 0 (KM/H) when I shift select D. Would fellow Australian’s please comment on what they see? This screen shot is from a March 9th M3 walk through in Canada. I also saw momentary D on a recent US model display instructional video.

I really want this additional visualisation of shifter position, and want to learn why I do not have it. New UI is unacceptable for older eyes.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Do I have a software display issue on my M3? When I shift to D, from P, the only indication I get of this change, is the tiny font that is slightly highlighted, on the vertical row, upper right side of the screen. Been this way since the December UI overhaul, with hard to read shift position font, at least for me. I have recently become aware of other M3’s momentarily display of a large D above the KM/H space, then it goes to 0. Here is a screen shot from a M3, with the latest software. I captured the moment he shifted to D. This video is from Canada, so LHD:
View attachment 649874

Again, My M3, with updated software, never shows a D. I immediately get the 0 (KM/H) when I shift select D. Would fellow Australian’s please comment on what they see? This screen shot is from a March 9th M3 walk through in Canada. I also saw momentary D on a recent US model display instructional video.

I really want this additional visualisation of shifter position, and want to learn why I do not have it. New UI is unacceptable for older eyes.
Thanks in advance.
LHD cars also display the HOLD symbol in place of the 0 KM/H when activated. Perhaps our ADR has a rule that says a car must "always" display KM/H? Very frustrating not to have this feature.

• Informative
Reactions: CT3PO
Very frustrating not to have this feature.

Here is the video link that I used for my example, time of Gear shift is 19:21.

I found many examples, on youtube. So, it is simply Australia that does not have this visualisation? This visualisation certainly makes the new UI, with the tiny grey font, more palatable. If anyone knows why Australia has a different visualisation, I would love to know. The large momentary Visual gear shift indication goes a long way in explaining how the December “holiday” UI update passed Tesla in house quality/safety tests.

Last edited:
Here is the video link that I used for my example, time of Gear shift is 19:21.

I found many examples, on youtube. So, it is simply Australia that does not have this visualisation? This visualisation certainly makes the new UI, with the tiny grey font, more palatable. Customer service in Australia don’t know what I am talking about, but then, I get the impression the youthful voices I have spoken too, don’t own a Tesla. Had a test drive once, though. If anyone knows why Australia has a different visualisation, I would love to know. The large momentary gear shift position goes a long way in explaining how the December “holiday” UI update passed quality/safety tests.

I didnt know this either! What about british cars? Is it a rhd thing oversight?

That makes it even more disappointing - tesla becoming like traditional car companies

wherever its located someone at tesla will change its loaction / size / colour at least annually so that you can take your eyes off the road in search of it.

I cant believe we keep getting new bugs with the bug fixes

I hope the rewrite is better than their rewrite of the speach system, and wiper system, and cruise control system

What worthless contributions. All you do is whine

This thread is about software updates not for boomers to take jabs at the software not living up to their expectations.

It’s never useful or constructive either, just vague attacks.

Perhaps in other threads paulp contributions are useful and in the right spirit but in this thread is just garbage.

• Funny
Reactions: paulp
This thread is about software updates not for boomers to take jabs at the software not living up to their expectations.

It’s never useful or constructive either, just vague attacks.

Perhaps in other threads paulp contributions are useful and in the right spirit but in this thread is just garbage.
Best laugh I’ve had all day. Thanks!
Why did I find it funny? Well someone making personal attacks in a thread about software updates, whilst complaining about others not talking about software updates....the irony.

If its OK by Grimre, just letting you all know that the latest software has a bug that randomly shoves your seat tilt forward, all the way, and not until you are in the seat. You can stop it at any time by pressing stop on the screen. Twice today. Must be one of those new bugs in the bug fix as its not happened before. Struggling to change my expectation that a seat should not move without my consent to appease software ‘experts’....but getting there