Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well of course I am on wifi. My software updates also only download on wifi. Today at work I got a notification that update is ready to download and asked me to connect to wifi. When I got home it downloaded 36.2.2 over wifi (took about 3 minutes to download). I am about 14 hours out of each 24 hour day connected to a good wifi that has 100mbps internet. So far have got 5-6 software updates but never a Navigation Data update. I even opened a ticket with Tesla about not getting Navigation Data updates and they said that the one I have is the latest so they cannot kick off a download for newer one :(
Sorry, I'm used to S/X which still downloaded updates over 3G and only did the maps over wifi.

This happened to me last night. I had to factory reset the car to get rid if it. A bit annoying to put settings in again but in meant I picked up the new patch because my car no longer thinks I am still downloading the new one. An interesting side effect was that the nav system first thought I was in the Tesla factory in California but a bit if driving fixed that.
I see it rolling out to Au now and couldn't wait any longer so I did the factory reset. Geez I had to reset a lot of stuff and it will take me ages to get all the defaults I had like navigation favourites, autoraise locations etc. Worst part was losing my homelink programming and that's witchcraft that I was lucky to get working the first time and now I can't get it working any more. Oh well.

That has changed. My update today made me aware of the update whilst driving the S, but it wouldnt download the update until I had wifi. It’s not how it used to be.
What it used to be was if you never went on wifi, it would eventually download over 3G, but often weeks after it had rolled out to everyone. I suspect it's the same thing now, it's just that you can actually tell that it's waiting on a download now because previously we had no idea when our car was slated for a new version.

I see it rolling out to Au now and couldn't wait any longer so I did the factory reset. Geez I had to reset a lot of stuff and it will take me ages to get all the defaults I had like navigation favourites, autoraise locations etc. Worst part was losing my homelink programming and that's witchcraft that I was lucky to get working the first time and now I can't get it working any more. Oh well.
Another hour of trying to get homelink working again and failed. I wish I knew what the magic incantation was that I used the first time :(

Do your release notes include the mention of the increase in Supercharging speed for SR+? Thanks!
I went over the release notes on mine 36.2.2 and found no reference to increase in Supercharging speed on SR+. So will have to either wait and see if/when I use supercharging next or if someone else tries it from a low state of charge to see if it will be able to take the full power of v2 supercharger as we have no v3 superchargers in Australia and reports it on forums for the rest of us :)

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Well, I still have not had a chance to visit a supercharger since the update. I can confirm that before the update the cold coast supercharger managed to charge my car at peak rate of 100kw. I have used one of the chargefox chargers since the update and was getting charge rate of 42kw from it, but since I did not use that charger before the update, I suspect that this charge rate has not changed.
Does anyone know if the Australian superchargers are old v2 chargers with 120kw rate or have they got the updated v2 charge rates of 145kw?
Tesla Superchargers (V2) will get upgraded to 145 kW charge rate, worldwide

The first Evie charger at Coochin Creek in QLD is rated up to 350kW (although whether it does that in reality is anyone's guess). Anyone going past there might want to give it a try and see. I'll be using it just before Christmas.

There have been a number of checkins on PlugShare, some issues but many ok and Evie acknowledges/fixing issues. No 3 has indicated charge speed that I can see but a Kia indicated 72kW which I think is that cars max rate.

Coochin Creek Services
4288 Bruce Hwy, Coochin Creek QLD 4519, Australia

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Google Maps

Automatic Navigation;
Suggestion was this is linked to calendar, but a bit like google I’ve found it’s intuitively routing me to my work location and the return as soon as you open the car. (Weekdays)
... if only it would flag radars like google does.

Well, since testing out features on the new firmware version is such an important task, I decided to take one for the team.
Instead of putting it on charge at home and doing my weekly shopping in Robina, I decided to do the shopping in Pacific Fair instead. I checked in the Tesla app that all 8 supercharger sports were unused, and drove there. Plugged my SR+ with firmware v10.1 2019.36.2.2 into the supercharger. My charge level on the car was 9% when I plugged it in, I waited a little and the charge rate stabilizes exactly same as before the updates at 100kw charge rate :( so the latest update makes no change to the charge rate on SR+ at least in Australia.
IMG_20191116_170110s.jpg