Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that is not right. It had navigate on autopilot, 2 new games, updates to suspension settings, honk to save dashcam clips and a whole bunch of other stuff when I got it last week. It was bigger than v10!
I got 50.5 later than majority, but 50.7 dropped very shortly after that for me. However from my experience there does not appear to be any visible difference in the 50.5 to 50.7 versions. Same voice command issues in both.

What I'm finding the more kilometres the car travels the more it resolves issues.
That appeared true for me when staying on the same software level like when it was on 40.2.1 for a rather long time. Since it updated to 40.50.x versions I have had way more issues than before. The 2 most frustrating ones are the voice commands not working half the time and the car not locking and powering down in my garage when I leave it. Since the update half the times I need to go back in the car, close the doors and put it in gear, then park again and get out of the car and walk away for it to turn off the AC and radio in the car. I never had those issues with the previous software versions.
Hopefully next patch brings it back to good state :)

My WiFi doesn’t reach to my garage, so my Model 3 is almost perpetually advising me of software updates. When I went to the Alexandria service centre on Monday to get a frunk mat and tyre repair kit, it automatically downloaded the pending software 40.50.5 but as soon as I actually installed it on Tuesday, the next update had already been released.

So just like iOS updates, I’ll monitor the beta testers on this forum and then work out which ones I want to install :p

Reactions: Hairyman
My WiFi doesn’t reach to my garage, so my Model 3 is almost perpetually advising me of software updates. When I went to the Alexandria service centre on Monday to get a frunk mat and tyre repair kit, it automatically downloaded the pending software 40.50.5 but as soon as I actually installed it on Tuesday, the next update had already been released.

So just like iOS updates, I’ll monitor the beta testers on this forum and then work out which ones I want to install :p
Tesla often do sneaky little patch updates to solve specific problems without letting owners know