Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sub-boarding shouldn’t matter. Power doesn’t know how close two breakers are to each other. I would have thought same phase is critical though, if 3-phase.

I had a situation a couple of years ago where my home DHCP started playing up. Turned out my Ethernet over power adaptor had connected itself to my neighbor (separate houses standard with underground power) and I was getting an ip address from his router instead of mine, so I could see his computers and printer, connect to his router from the inside of his network etc. I was tempted to print something on his printer to tell him, but he wasnt the kind of guy to enjoy it. Decided the encrpyption option on those devices is there for a reason.

Anyway, if it does that between separate houses, I dont think a subboard is going to trouble it.

Sure enough. Version 2020.4.2 has just appeared on Teslafi and is rolling out.
Going from v 2020.4.1 v 2020.4.10 then v 2020.4.2 seems a little cockeyed. Should perhaps have been called 2020.4.1.0. Either way seems .10 was no good.
After two days with v2020.4.2 going to just a handful of cars in North America, things have jumped back into the correct sequence. Now a new build, v2020.4.10.1 is going out at a vastly faster rate to car’s worldwide.

My software update download is stuck at 1%, nothing I do seems to un-stick it. The console and app tell me it is downloading, but I can see from my data usage app that no bytes are being transferred, even after 30 minutes. The answer in google seems to be “lodge a service call”. But before I do that, any ideas?

My software update download is stuck at 1%, nothing I do seems to un-stick it. The console and app tell me it is downloading, but I can see from my data usage app that no bytes are being transferred, even after 30 minutes. The answer in google seems to be “lodge a service call”. But before I do that, any ideas?

Just call tech support or service when they are open and they can remotely push it.

You can also brute force a chat with them with this link (as the chat box does not open all the time on their site). The link only works during business hours.

Salesforce - Unlimited Edition

I did the brake+scroll wheel reset, not the disconnect the 12V and contactor reset. Can’t be bothered going that far. It’s not urgent, just annoying. I’ve been on 2019.40.5.7 for a while now, a couple more weeks won’t matter. Cheers.
I’ve had that twice. On both occasions I logged a service call on the app and it was rectified that day.
I think it occurs when the car is downloading from wifi and you go out.

I did the brake+scroll wheel reset, not the disconnect the 12V and contactor reset. Can’t be bothered going that far. It’s not urgent, just annoying. I’ve been on 2019.40.5.7 for a while now, a couple more weeks won’t matter. Cheers.
I wouldn't do the 12V disconnect.
I've seen reports of distasters doing this, with a visit to the service centre required to fix problems.

I had a download stuck ready to install for weeks. Tesla support told me it would eventually go away when the next update became available. Eventually I couldn't wait and did a factory reset which cleared it. That was a pain though as you have no idea how many customisations you put in over a couple of years and have to start from scratch with.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
I had a download stuck ready to install for weeks. Tesla support told me it would eventually go away when the next update became available. Eventually I couldn't wait and did a factory reset which cleared it. That was a pain though as you have no idea how many customisations you put in over a couple of years and have to start from scratch with.
I called Tesla today and they said they can clear this over the air but because WiFi doesn’t reach my garage I will need to be able to hotspot my car at the time the tech calls. Fingers crossed it all works.

Factory reset would be a pain. Most gadgets of any complexity these days allow you to save a configuration file of all settings before doing a factory reset so that saved states can be easily restored. Telsa needs to offer that!

Will be interesting to see if there's as big a delay between US and AU getting the next features. NoA took forever, but smart summon was a real surprise. In the end, it seems NoA just needed lots of routes meaningfully mapped out to work which is what delayed rollout, whereas smart summon appears to work entirely off dynamic input. My guess is smart parking will come quickly as well, whereas urban NoA will be a long time in the making.