Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully they have fixed the Bluetooth with 2020.12. I had a conference call today using an app on my phone and it would constantly connect and disconnect to the car. That caused the audio to come from the car, then go to the phone, then back to the car, repeat every 10 seconds or so. It was super frustrating and worked fine before.

Ubiquiti by unifier. It will solve all your problems with it significant range. Fixed mine.
After doing a bit of research, I bought a WiFi repeater. While almost universally scorned in the IT world as little better than trash, mocked and derided as a waste of time, it worked in my situation. I was fairly confident it would, due to the particular geography of my block, which drops sharply into a rock excavation at the back. Only one other WiFi network was detectable down there, and one corner of the outbuilding could just sniff my 2.4 GHz (but not the 5GHz).

Plug in the repeater, job done (and about 230 times easier than running an Ethernet cable down there). Outbuilding and garage now have WiFi, Slartibartfast is now happy! Speed is not great since the sniff of signal is so marginal, but I don’t care much about that, it works.

Reactions: paulp
Currently installing 2020.8.1.1
Cool, any changes? Seems 2020.8.1.1 is only going to Model S & X.

I am still on 2020.8.1 with my 3 LR. Overall Autopilot seems better. But it has taken to telling me I am running off the road & wanting to steer inwards, when manually driving on rural roads that are missing an edge line. If it persists will turn lane departure off.

Re 2020.12, the changes reported by users are seemingly to do with visualisations, Stop signs and do on. So maybe that's why it is only going to the USA atm.

Got 2020.8.1.1 today. It would not install.kept aborting. Called tech support who checked online. They told me that there was an issue accessing the instrument cluster computer. They advised a reboot of both the centre screen and the cluster. Tried that and the install was successful. Just mentioning in case others have a similar issue. Bear in mind that once you receive the notification of an update it is already downloaded.

I am still on 2020.4.1, no update☹️. Why is that?
upload_2020-3-22_12-38-50.png

Have you got this selected? If you leave it in standard your updates should lag those with advanced selected. I see about 25% of the Telsa fleet are still on 2020.4.1 .

Currently on 20.8.1.1. I had a significant issue with the microphone today. I got error messages like microphone disconnected or microphone will connect with next drive cycle.that one happened 3 times until it finally connected. I rebooted both screens, and it now appears to be working. HW1 and MCU1. Given that this update was supposed to improve voice recognition (and the phone Bluetooth in car only connection) as the only updates for my vintage, so far, not a happy camper. Anyone else with similar issues with a similar vintage car?

I have never had unlocking issues at car doors or boot with my iPhone until this latest release 2020.4.1
5 times now it has not opened and requested keycard.. I found a work around has been to open the Tesla app and then the car will unlock without actually selecting unlock in the app.
Bit annoying as it has never happened previously..