Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Sucks that the ca let you down- roll on the .2!
2. So, where should I buy the pie from? I might head up there during the week- work is literally killing me (been awake since 2:30...) so I need a nice drive to distract me and unwind sometime during the week
Bought my pie from Bilpin fruit bowl, but right across the road, Their pies look equally good. Picked at Pine Crest, but during the week best check who is open and who has fresh pies. You will be sitting in your car to eat. Failing all, pie in the sky should be open. Again please check before going up!

You’re not looking after Wuhan virus cases are you? If so, stay safe!!

Did one get into my car? Hydroxychloroquine may have hit it on the head!!

Today, the following happened. Went up to Bilpin to pick apples - out in the open and easily able to social distance. All went well until—2020.8.1.1 my car suddenly would not go into D. At least it went into D and the instant i touched the accelerator it defaulted back to P. The car jerked ever so slightly as though trying to move off. Happened 3 or 4 times. I rebooted both screens, still same result. So, got out of the car to allow it to lock itself and tried again. This time car was drivable but got the error “emergency braking disabled.” Following another stop and park followed by a restart from locked, the car was normally driveable again.
This has to be the most bug filled version I have ever received from Tesla!!!

I have put in a formal bug report, with times and VIN. Can’t wait for the updated version reported above. The other minor bugs i experienced before were nothing like this!! On a Sunday, 80km from Sydney, i had visions of sleeping in the car waiting for a flatbed!! VERY unsettling. Surreal up there also with take aways only at all venues and most people trying to distance- except for the dickheads who didn’t or wouldn’t! The apples and apple pies were well up to standard though and wonderfully fresh. Recommend it to you all, at least until they lock us down.
Sounds like your car has more of a virus than a bug

Bought my pie from Bilpin fruit bowl, but right across the road, Their pies look equally good. Picked at Pine Crest, but during the week best check who is open and who has fresh pies. You will be sitting in your car to eat. Failing all, pie in the sky should be open. Again please check before going up!
Sounds like your car has more of a virus than a bug
its ok now. I hit it with anti malarials!!

Just got 2020.8.3 pushed to me this morning.
Nothing new in the release notes.
Hopefully, it fixes some of the bugs reported in .1 and .2
what a joke, seems to be a daily occurrence .. typical software coders.. continually playing around with the code.. writing poor code.. but still very few can write great code and get it right every time.

Hi all,

I find these updates on various software versions very informative. If I could ask everyone here to please include the details of their car type, MCU and HW version in either their profile or their sig then it would be much better for me.

From what I can see - if you have a 2016 Model S on HW 2 with EAP you may get totally different outcomes on the same software from me with a Model 3 HW 3 with FSD. You may even get a software version that I don't... and then I worry about why I have not got it!

I'm Mod3P- 2020.8.2 with HW3 MCU2 FSD. Voice and TACC work pretty well (better than any version before). NOA is incompetent to the point of "If I was driving on the M4 with it making the decisions then the Highway Patrol would clearly think that their breathalyzer had broken when I blew 0.00"

what a joke, seems to be a daily occurrence .. typical software coders.. continually playing around with the code.. writing poor code.. but still very few can write great code and get it right every time.

Quite apart from poor coding - which I'm not qualified to talk about - what bugs me with websites and apps is the way that just because something is possible, it's got to be included. There's an awful lot in the Tesla package that, realistically, would be better done with knobs and buttons (for safety's sake if nothing else) than at the bottom of a menu system.

There's an awful lot in the Tesla package that, realistically, would be better done with knobs and buttons (for safety's sake if nothing else) than at the bottom of a menu system.
Once you set up and save your driver profile, there’s not much that needs interaction while driving, and most of that can be done with voice commands (on the occasions they work :D).

Quite apart from poor coding - which I'm not qualified to talk about - what bugs me with websites and apps is the way that just because something is possible, it's got to be included. There's an awful lot in the Tesla package that, realistically, would be better done with knobs and buttons (for safety's sake if nothing else) than at the bottom of a menu system.
All of the essential functions can be done with the knobs and buttons on the steering wheel, coupled with voice. (Model s and x). When I get in a hire car interstate.....which cant happen for a while now....the buttons and knobs feel clunky and awkward.
Regardless, without taking my hands off the wheel I can put the car in forward or reverse, I can indicate, turn music up or down and change tracks. Ok maybe I miss stretching across to the glovebox whilst driving to get another CD from a jumbled pile..I can also from my steering wheel change my aircon and make recieve calls. I can also steer the car and turn on the wipers. So just wondering, what knobs and buttons do you need to make your experience safer?