Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of the 218 on Teslafi, only 15 have it at the moment. Obviously not everyone uses Teslafi

I don't... so we now have a confirmed 16.

Sorry, I have to rush off now as it is bin night here (seriously) and I'm going to go driving around for a bit and relish in my renders (not so seriously).

When the pubs open back up again and some mate starts bragging about THEIR car I will just interject saying "yeah, but can it recognize a bin?" ... that should shut them up and make me a legend ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Anubis
Currently on 2020.8.1 which I received pretty soon after it was first available. I've just done a reboot which initiated a check for updates and received download for 2020.8.3 which was a little disappointing.
My thinking was 2020.12 would be pushed out as soon as possible by Tesla because of the Hal copyright issue.
I have FSD so I am always keen to see what little advancements they push out next.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Currently on 2020.8.1 which I received pretty soon after it was first available. I've just done a reboot which initiated a check for updates and received download for 2020.8.3 which was a little disappointing.
My thinking was 2020.12 would be pushed out as soon as possible by Tesla because of the Hal copyright issue.
I have FSD so I am always keen to see what little advancements they push out next.

U need to update to 8.3, then it may allow U to.get the latest..

This is the problem if U are several.versions behind.

I am somewhat flabbergasted with the visualisations I have to admit. If they are in any way representative of what the system has learned about its environment and is what it sees, then indeed we have direct evidence that we are years away from FSD. Prerequisites for FSD would be reliable traffic lights detection or even other vehicles two lanes over often jump into the lane next to mine in the visualisation but that's not where they really are.
The current performance of autopilot is sufficient to suggest FSD isnt close and indeed will never happen with the current hardware....or the last version....or the version before that. All versions were promised that this one will do FSD, in the year of release.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, you dont have FSD. There is no such thing. You’ve bought a marketing promise for FSD.

Reactions: malc01
At the risk of sounding pedantic, you dont have FSD. There is no such thing. You’ve bought a marketing promise for FSD.

Or at least a very expensive set of driver assist features like self parking, summons, auto lane change on freeways which I agree is nowhere near the notion of driving that humans do as second nature.. it's an expensive experiment with an unknown time frame.

Just got 2020.12.10 in New Zealand. Previously had 2020.8.2 with NOA and Smart Summon. Now with 2020.12.10 I have lost NOA and Smart Summon, plus the key fob no longer works for summoning either! Very annoying! Has anyone else experienced this and has Tesla announced this anywhere?
Hi, Australia here so maybe not relevant to NZ but I can confirm that NoA, Smart Summon and my Keyfob all still work on 12.10